a riyal dottyback nano tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
@greenturtle, do you think my plans for a 10 gal dottyback only nano are ok

probably not, dont want to pay for corals and lighting, that is in my 20 gal long, i am getting this tank simply because a royal dotty back is my favorite fish, what fun things could i put under non coral lights

I think most soft corals can live under normal aquarium lights. Mushrooms, GSPs, and zoanthids are relatively cheap corals IME.

im talking not even coral lights, just simple aquarium lights

Yeah, I heard they can practically live under a flashlight. Plus they are not a whole lot of work.

awesone, in that size tank i am thinking 2 corals and 1 fish

were you kidding about the lighting, cuz im looking for REALLY BASIC AND CHEAP lighting

I was kinda kidding (don't stack 10 flashlights on your canopy) but most aquarium lights will suffice for softies.

i was kidding about the flashlights but i doubt the lights will be much stronger.

what are your thoughts, Live aqueria says 30, but i think it would be ok because it would be by itself

c'mon peole please answer, i want to get a big enough tank for the fish

My thoughts on this are this: Work on the 20g tank first!!! LOL You should concentrate on one tank at a time! You aren't even close to being cycled with the 20g so get that one up and running then work on this nano tank idea. :)

ya, i just like to plan ahead, the nano wouldnt be until new years

Back
Top Bottom