Adding stunner strips with a taotronics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

needmorecowbell

Aquarium Advice Addict
Was wondering what the best lighting would be for my tank. I have a dimmable 120w led and since they are only royal blue and white, I was looking for some more. I think stunners are the way to go. Its a 30 gallon tank. I have mostly sps and I'd like to do whatever is best for them, what fixture would do that?

Thanks!

I dont think stunner strips will help much, especially just one 12" strip, I would imagine with your 120w fixture on full or near full power the 6w stunner would hardly be noticeable, I would go with a panorama, because the individual LEDs on the panoramas are as strong if not stronger than the LEDs on the taitronics fixture.

I had a a couple stunner strips and I couldn't tell they were on next to a 250w halide. I now have a DIY fixture, I my sister just got a dimmable 120w taotronics , and I'd say the 120w led is comparable to the 250w halide .

Thank you.

After reading a lot, I've decided that I will do a diy strip, that will be around 25".

Would you be able to tell me the percentages your sister has her light at? I'm looking for the right color and can't get it.

She doesn't have it up and running yet I just ordered it for her a few weeks ago, opened the box played with it a little on my tank to make sure it worked and put it back in. She just started putting water in her tank today. I remember from messing with it I liked about 75% white + 100% blues I think I liked the color the best somewhere around there. But it would depend on your tank how you would crank it up, that's why I told her to spend the extra $25, and get the dimmable

Back
Top Bottom