Advice on Corals please??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
22engine said:
A bunch a different color zoa's would be cool

For that amount of light I think that and maybe a couple of mushrooms would be the most you could pull off. It really is very weak light. As for which types... whichever ones are available and you think look nice. There are so many zoas to choose from. It all comes down to preference.

CorallineAlgae said:
For that amount of light I think that and maybe a couple of mushrooms would be the most you could pull off. It really is very weak light. As for which types... whichever ones are available and you think look nice. There are so many zoas to choose from. It all comes down to preference.

Awesome I'll have to look into a bunch of different ones and see which ones I like best :)

DanS180 said:
i might sound dumb but is a five head frag big??? and do zoos grow fast?

No dumb questions as far as I'm concerned. But anyway. Now huge. They tend to sell ones with good size heads. On the site when you look at each one it will say the average size. Yes they do grow pretty fast. Don't believe they are as fast as mushrooms are but i have seen good growth in the size of the heads on mine in under a month. Good water is key.

No dumb questions as far as I'm concerned. But anyway. Now huge. They tend to sell ones with good size heads. On the site when you look at each one it will say the average size. Yes they do grow pretty fast. Don't believe they are as fast as mushrooms are but i have seen good growth in the size of the heads on mine in under a month. Good water is key.

Okay cool thanks for the heads up, ill look into them :)

Hey guys would u mind helping me out?? Check out my other thread named in the fowlr section(before I decided I was going to get corals) my cycle is being all goofy :(

"Fowlr tank soon to be in progress" is what its called... I'm having trouble with my cycle.. seems to have stalled

Sniperhank said:
I would steer clear of reefs2go in terms of coral. I've ordered from them before and have had extremely small coral or they didn't survive acclimation.

Ohhh okay then lol well I've been shopping around anyhow.. my LFS wants like $30 for a frag of whatever.. seems to be nothing less than that :/

It might be different with the zoas, I've never ordered them. I am an LPS/SPS guy and very rarely see zoas I like. I understand what you are saying, you don't see prices like that for frags. It is worth a shot, just understand that 5 heads are about the size of a quarter.

Sniperhank said:
It might be different with the zoas, I've never ordered them. I am an LPS/SPS guy and very rarely see zoas I like. I understand what you are saying, you don't see prices like that for frags. It is worth a shot, just understand that 5 heads are about the size of a quarter.

Gotcha yeah like I said I've been shopping around and I have time to decide so we'll see :)

I really like the blue zoas that they offer on their site. They are rarely available though. My thought is that maybe when I get a bigger setup for my lps/sps tank then I can make my 55 into a predator tank. I already have a snowflake eel for it. But I might make a softie tank w/ some nice zoas like that. My blue and red symphodium would be good in there too.

I have had good luck with reefs2go and if you call they are great to deal with. Guess you never know. Can only go on personal experience as that's all anyone else on here can do. I have heard good thing about bluezooaquatics just never ordered from them. You should check out Craigslist. Search corals. That's what I did an just found a guy thats selling frags and corals 10 a piece and has some nice looking stuff. Going to go tomorrow and pick up some stuff

Yeah I looked in Craigslist too.. few people selling frags but none relatively close to me unfortunately :( guess id have to make the trip n see

Back
Top Bottom