aiptasia problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spanky

Aquarium Advice Activist
Things I've tried to rid the jbj of this plague,
took rocks out used paper towel to rub them off rock. didn't work the things doubled.

injected with aptasia x didn't work either went from 4 to over 20 still using this bottle almost gone seems to be staying at 20 aptasia though they return couple days later even filling the hole they came out of,

hot water tried injecting them with **** things just laughed at me.

added 5 peppermint shrimp nothing disapeared added 3 more nothing.

tried getting berghi nudi's couple different times never arrive alive from 2 different places.

at this point i don't care if i kill the trumpet coral or the zoanthid this has been bout a year long battle ready to throw in towel an stick strictly with freshwater if can't solve this issue. would putting the fish in a different tank an filling the 24 jbj with only freshwater wipee them out? now they going in the sand o the glass all over an i am out of ideas i dont care if the freshwater will kill the liverock or anything living on it i just want the aptasia gone so anyone know if freshwater will do the trick?

Your numbers doubled because of the first attempt to remove them. Any fragment of a glass anemone and it can reproduce itself. Continue with the aiptasia-x and make sure you get it in the mouth, then cover the area it was at with the stuff.

thats what i been doing with the x not working bottle almost gone every treatment they grow back and atleast few more grow with the regrown. thats why im asking if anyone knows if freshwater will kill the aiptasia

don't know anyone else with saltwwater tank except lfs they sold me a copper banded butterfly saying same thing as said bout that fish didnt touch the stuff died bout 3 months later.

Don't rely on fish you won't be able to keep long term for an issue like this. It will take lots of time. Even taking rock out and baking it in the sun might be necessary if it is a bad outbreak.

problem solved thanks all i been wanting to breed pep shrimp so i'll just move the fish and snails an hermits out an just leave the trumpet an zoa in with the shrimp an make it a pep shrimp tank. just thought bout it cause i do got more empty brand new 20 gallons

Back
Top Bottom