Alecia's New Biocube 14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

all4wheels2

Aquarium Advice Freak
I decided to start a nano tank since my main tank is undergoing operation clean sweep (due to ich outbreak) :banghead:

It's been set up and running since 9/21. I used raw shrimp to cycle it. I did have live rock in there, but took it out yesterday. Took out the bioballs and added an inTank media basket - used the filter media from an aquaclear 30 and used a polypro filter pad. One Koralia 240 powerhead. No heater, runs hot with just the stock lights :blink:

Small cleanup crew going: 4 snails, 2 hermits. Just added a yellow watchman goby today! Looking at 2-3 more in a few weeks, and some corals.

I'll keep the pics updated...

Looking good!!! I have the same tank and was looking into the media baskets. Do they make a big difference in the filtration? Did you use the one from mediabaskets.com?

I liked the AquaClear filter on my 40 gal - the water stays really clear. You wouldn't believe how much stuff was floating around back there in the bioballs in less than a month. It was gross!

And yes, got the media basket from that site. I like it.

Here's the pic of the yellow watchman goby. He's alittle shy :)

Attachments

• DSCN0489 adjust.jpg
    DSCN0489 adjust.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 132
I also use the in tank media baslet and fuge in my 29g biocube and LOVE them! Makes life so much easier and they work great.

More pics

Pictures of the new additions :) Purple tip frogspawn, green polyping toadstool, supposedly zoas ... and a full shot of the yellow watchman goby

Is it normal for zoas not to open right away?? It's only been about 24 hours, but my frogspawn and toadstool corals came out within a few hours; the zoas are still closed up :(

Attachments

• DSCN0501.jpg
    DSCN0501.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 110
  • DSCN0504.jpg
    DSCN0504.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 104
  • DSCN0506.jpg
    DSCN0506.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 106
Zoas can take a little time. Some open quick, others nap a little longer; give it a couple of days yet.

I like that Frogspawn...you made it look like a little tree :)

Here's some pics of the new additions ...

Helfrichi Firefish & Frogspawn coral with neon green tips :)

Attachments

• DSCN0523.jpg
    DSCN0523.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 91
  • DSCN0524.jpg
    DSCN0524.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 91
  • DSCN0528.jpg
    DSCN0528.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 83
Back
Top Bottom