allure of a Nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MCluett

Aquarium Advice Freak
After reading all of the posts on here i think i am going to start a small 10gal nano tank, i already have a 30gal SW tank that i have had running for 2 months but allure of starting up another tank is just far to great. Anyone have any suggestions on some good equipment for a little 10gal SW tank. probably wont be a Biocube or a Nanocube as i have a 10gal tank just sitting at my house. this tank will be more so for upstairs in my house and to entertain my parents and there guests, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Could you find a way to plumb it into your current system? Increased overall water volume will benefit both systems.

I guess I assumed you had a sump or some sort of external filtration on your 30 gallon that would make this simpler, but yeah - plumb the 2 tanks together as a single system.

unfortunatly i am not running a sump on my 30gal, or atleast not yet i will probably run it for awhile without a sump. i plan on picking up a 55gal in the nest couple of months so may give it a go then.

for the nano i plan to have it seperate where it will be in a different part of the house. i am just wondering if anyone knows of any good equipments i should be looking to pick up. this is by no means a rush rush project. i intend to pick away at it throughout the months, i just think they look awesome because they are always so cleanly set up.

All you need is an Aquaclear 110 (turn into refugium) and a 25w heater (Visitherm or Tronic). For lighting the Coralife Aqualight 96w should more than suffice in coral keeping :)

thanks alot i cant wait to start up another tank, aside from the cost it is so fun to watch it take shape and set it up how you want it

For that size tank you should not need a skimmer. Weekly PWC`s should suffice instead of a skimmer.

yeah i didnt plan on using a skimmer, i dont run one on my 30gal either. it seemed to be an up in the air wether i should or not so i will try with out. i think i will make my nano a reef tank though so i will need some good lighting

Back
Top Bottom