anenome in a nano?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phantomsk8er5

Aquarium Advice Regular
My friend said that you can't keep an anenome in those 12 g nano cubes because it is to hard to keep the water stable. Is this true?

Yes, and they do get to large. Unless your really experienced, and good at keeping such a tank stable you are better to skip an anemone.

Is this true?
Pretty much. The constant changes that can occur plus the need for nutrient that a smaller tank cannot provide would make smaller tanks a very poor choice. It really depends on the species but if you where thinking in terms of hosting species, I would definately advise against it.

For smaller tanks, non-photosynthetic species would be a much wiser choice (if you can can that). Tube anemone's or curlycues would make better choices. They also stay smaller (relative to feeding). Only problem will be that fish would be more sesceptible to stings with their longer tentacle length.

Cheers
Steve

If you were lookign for something for a clown there are several corals they will host. IMO it's never as good as an anemone, but its better than nothing.

My friend has a tiny percual who hosts in a colony of polyps. Ive also heard of them hosting frogspawn, hairy mushrooms, xenia.

mine hosts my flowepot(i have a tomato clown) and my rose bta but the bta is only for nightimt when the flowerpot shuts

Back
Top Bottom