anenome in biocube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eric faatz

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ive said it before, in the future i will be getting a size 14 biocube. I was just wondering if i could put an anemone in it. If so what kind?

I wouldn't recommend it. Nanos and AIO tanks have their limitations. The lighting just isn't up to par for most anemones to my knowledge. I've seen some cubes with rock anemones, but no one ever follows up on their posts so I assume it didn't go well.

No, even with upgraded lighting it is a bad idea. They need a lot of space to extend and need more consistent water parameters then AIOs can offer most of the time. Clowns do NOT need one to live, look at hammer coral or frogspawn if you want something for your clowns to sleep in.

I just posted this photo in another thread and saw yours so I will post it again. This is a fake anemone and my black and white loves it..
img_1145159_0_930295b2534782536283c843e46d3b9c.jpg

The clown may choose to host it or it may not. It's just all a matter of luck.

I've had better experiences in choosing larger heads of frogspawn and torch for clowns to host. Smaller specimen don't fare as well.

I just posted this photo in another thread and saw yours so I will post it again. This is a fake anemone and my black and white loves it..
img_1145256_0_930295b2534782536283c843e46d3b9c.jpg

I didn't see this post on my iPhone. That is awesome! Why didn't I think of that???

How awesome are you?

(Sorry for the double post).

Again, there is no guarantee that your clown will host anything. They are quirky little fish and i have seen some host powerheads over anemones. No way to tell.

Well, I have a dual 20 gallon setup connected to a 25 gallon sump. On one tank I have 2 RBTA's and 3 clams, on the other is corals. Everything is perfect after a year so it can be done in a smaller environment.

My gold stripe maroon clown is enjoying his BTA in a 14g

oops wrong attachment

Attachments

• IMG_3964.jpg
    IMG_3964.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 68
zoanthids are a good idea for the clowns to there pretty and don't mind it also or even xenia may be another because it is a small tank and your nitrates might be a little high at points and a feather duster a good one mine host a big shell and there just a little nuts i guess.

Back
Top Bottom