Any thoughts on the JBJ 12g Nano Cube tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My fan is blowing in= way more evaporation. I'm adding a cup or more every day. I was going to exhaust, but I'm happy with it blowing in (it's also directed at mostly the back compartments).

My heat also stays under control with the single fan. Some days the fan isn't needed so I don't plug it in, most of the time it comes on with the lights. Bye bye heater.

pecan2phat. Did you get the converter and fan from Radio Shack? or did you get the fan somewhere else.
I also foun a LFS that sells a (4) 32W T5 retro for this tank as well. These little 12gal Nanos are becoming real popular and little retros are popping up everywhere.

just found out yeaterday at the LFS that the NanoCube is now going to be sold with a lighting upgrade option. I believe you will be able to get it with two 32 wattss.

Now they do that! great! I'm always looking for projects that use up a ton of my time only to find someone else doing the work. :roll: :lol:

Bait, what lfs?

There's an lfs that is selling a spray bar for the nano as well- $30, though!

got bait? said:
pecan2phat. Did you get the converter and fan from Radio Shack? or did you get the fan somewhere else.
I also foun a LFS that sells a (4) 32W T5 retro for this tank as well. These little 12gal Nanos are becoming real popular and little retros are popping up everywhere.

Yes lando,
I got lazy and bought all the stuff from Radio Shack. It was just easier than mail order and the 60mm fan from Radio Shack had 2 wires as opposed to all the other computer fans in catalogs and computer stores that had 3 or four wires. I'm sure anyone can figure out that the other wires are probably for voltage sensing etc., and you will read that any old 12 volt DC transformer that you have lying around (ie: cordless phone power supply) will work. I just wanted the easy way so I bought the Radio Shack fan for $15, 12 DC transformer for $15, wire lead to crimp to fan and to plug into transformer for $3, heat shrink tubing for $3.

Bait, what lfs?

There's an lfs that is selling a spray bar for the nano as well- $30, though!
Tong's in Fountain Valley. They too have the spray bar. Nice little light set up. Just as you walk in the door. Nice $5 and $10 frags as well. At least they did last friday.
Picked up a nice Neon green Zo for $10, about 20 polyps or so.

Thanks Pecan2phat

got bait? said:
Tong's in Fountain Valley. They too have the spray bar. Nice little light set up. Just as you walk in the door. Nice $5 and $10 frags as well. At least they did last friday.
Picked up a nice Neon green Zo for $10, about 20 polyps or so.

That's where I saw the spray bar, I didn't see the retro. Is that steep for a spray bar, I haven't priced them before.

Is that steep for a spray bar
Sounds a little steep to me as well. As you well know, this hobby isn't cheap. A spray bar from an old canister filter and some vinyl tubing should work just as well, I suppose.

First, you'd have to have an old canister filter. I am realizing the need for a little more flow in my nano.

The algae problem has gotten a lot better. I did just notice a small aiptasia, so I think I'll get a 'mint.

Back
Top Bottom