aquac nano remore help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saltghost2k25

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
- have had my remore for 8 days now..still isnt making any foam..20gallon nano..
plse help im waiting for it to start so i can introduce anneome
tank is 5-6 old

What is a remore? If you are waiting for foam, this tells me it is similar to a protein skimmer?

When you say the tank is 5-6 old, is that days, weeks, years?

If the tank has only been set up 5-6 days, you need to cycle it first in which case you won't really want to have the protein skimmer active anyway.

What is actually IN the tank? Live rock? Live sand?

haha srryy bad the tank has been up for 5-6 months.i just bought the remore skimmer a week ago and it hasnt started skimming yet.im just wondering if it is still breaking in or somethings wrong?

o ya there are 2 perculas and 1royal grama and cleanup

Attachments

• image-2102954871.jpg
    image-2102954871.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 134
It may be possible there is nothing to skim. Based on watching a friend of mine, try lowering the skimmate cup and make sure the pump is working properly.

there has to be because the tank gets fed regularely and most of the time food is overdosed.the cup has been untouched and isat the lowest position
im just hoping that there is nothing wrong with the skimmer and that it is still breaking in

It took my remora a little over 2 weeks to break in. it now pulls soo much gunk it's gross. LOL

thank you carey,which remore skimmer do u have.. and was yours acting like mine..?

I have the regualr remora hob. Its a great skimmer, at least for me. Alot of people don't like them, I've never had any issue with mine other than the break in period.

okay so the remore finally started breaking in because i noticed foamy stuff finally starting to come out of the tube. i have the collection cup adjusted to the lowest setting..it is basically collecting light brown green tea kinda water,is this normal?and can i start buying corals-because the skimmer has broken in?

If you adjust it higher you'll get a thicker skim.

And yes, I think you are ok to start some corals. woohoo!! :-D

carey have you adjusted yours and is it okay to leave it at its lowest..

and o btw i went to my local lfs and tested my water nitrates were 0, ammonia was .25 due to snails that i didnt pick that died..what can i do to make ammonia 0 and my ph was really really low like 7.7 which is not good for coral how do you keep ph high before and after doing water changes soo you can successfully grow coral..thankyou :)

I kept my remora cup at a higher position so I didn't have to empty every day.

You need to do a water change to get that ammonia down. To help with ph I've heard to keep surface agitation going. I have my powerheads pointed towards each other but towards the top of the water so I have surface movement.

Back
Top Bottom