Aquapod 29 First Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

williamsaj1210

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone! Yup. I made the leap into the wide array of saltwater. I have a 29 gallon aquapod and have about 30 pounds of sand and about 15 pounds of live rock and am adding more each week. I have about 18 hermit crabs that came with the live rock, only one that is a scarlet. I have one turbo snail too. There were a couple mushrooms that came with the rock. At first they looked horrible and were bleached out but now they are colored and the edges have a lot of fingers. Its also spreading a bit. This tank is running with a bigger pump and has been going for about two months and much of the cycling is done. T honestly only took about one month as I seeded the sand and my filter with things from a friend's well established tank. Here are some pictures. My aqau scaping has become a slight obsession. I want to put fish in it soon. :) that's all for this post as if I keep going I will never shut up about it.

Thanks. I'm adding more live rock here and there. I'm tossing around fish ideas but so far I know I want two clowns. The small types. I found a craigslist add that a guy is selling some frays but I only want lower light corals. Amy idea which in this list are easier type ones?

ORA Green Birdsnest ORA Pink Hyacinth Birdsnest ORA Purple Stylo ORA German Blue Polyp Green Hydnofora Nectar of the Gods Pink Digi Bird of Paradise Birdsnest (green base w/ purple polyps) Richmond Tricolor Acropora Elkhorn Montipora (green w/ blue tips) Rainbow Yuma Rhicordia Candy Cane / Trumpets Blue Mushrooms Finger Leather Devil's Hand Leather Rhodactis Mushrooms

Thanks. I'm adding more live rock here and there. I'm tossing around fish ideas but so far I know I want two clowns. The small types. I found a craigslist add that a guy is selling some frays but I only want lower light corals. Amy idea which in this list are easier type ones?

ORA Green Birdsnest ORA Pink Hyacinth Birdsnest ORA Purple Stylo ORA German Blue Polyp Green Hydnofora Nectar of the Gods Pink Digi Bird of Paradise Birdsnest (green base w/ purple polyps) Richmond Tricolor Acropora Elkhorn Montipora (green w/ blue tips) Rainbow Yuma Rhicordia Candy Cane / Trumpets Blue Mushrooms Finger Leather Devil's Hand Leather Rhodactis Mushrooms

The tank is coming along nicely!! You could add some base rock instead of live rock, costs a lot less.
As far as the low light corals, the only one on that list that I see that is low light is the rainbow Yuma ricordea, blue mushroom, and rhodactis mushrooms. The rest are moderate light and high light.
Low light: mushrooms (whether hairy or not), ricordeas, zoas. Those are great starter corals. :) good luck with the CL guy-hope you get a good deal.

Cool! Those were definately one my list! And I have a bit of base rock in there but. money isn't what holds me back. I keep trying to find the perfect rocks to add. Now it sounds silly but I look at a space and the shape of the rock I think would look great gets stuck in my head.
The funny part about corals is I didn't even want any when I got the tank. But after findind that one bleached out bud I had to make it better and then got hooked. :D

Cool! Those were definately one my list! And I have a bit of base rock in there but. money isn't what holds me back. I keep trying to find the perfect rocks to add. Now it sounds silly but I look at a space and the shape of the rock I think would look great gets stuck in my head.
The funny part about corals is I didn't even want any when I got the tank. But after findind that one bleached out bud I had to make it better and then got hooked. :D

Yeah, I'm actually more addicted to corals than fish. :) Well, good luck on your quest for the perfect rocks!! Lol

Back
Top Bottom