Aquatic Life Mini Skimmer 115 too much water in collection cup :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragonfisher33

Aquarium Advice Addict
after doing a bit of research, i have decided to go with the aquatic life internal mini skimmer 115 for my nano tank. there's plenty of good reviews and videos on how to modify the design flaw to make the skimmer quieter. but what i can't find is how to find the "sweet spot" or effectively use the adjustable knob for flow control. the water would always rise up to the collection cup and basically fill it with bubbles and water.

as you can see, the water level in the tank is roughly near the base of the collection cup and the collection cup is practically filled up!!!

anyone here on AA who has dealt with this particular skimmer please chime in.
AquaticLife Internal Mini Protein Skimmer 115
AquaticLife-Internal-Mini-Protein-Skimmer-115-99.jpg

Attachments

• IMG705.jpg
    IMG705.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 167
no responses after a week, so I'll chime in here, even tho I've never used that skimmer. Is there any way to lift the skimmer higher out of the water? That should reduce the bubbles.

no responses after a week, so I'll chime in here, even tho I've never used that skimmer. Is there any way to lift the skimmer higher out of the water? That should reduce the bubbles.

yes, right now the water level is about 2inches below what you see in the pic that i posted. but i don't know if it's doing its job. this is my first skimmer and i don't know what a good skimmer would collect or what a nice skimmate would look like.

Youre looking for green or tea colored water in the collection cup. :)

I have the same skimmer in my biocube and I have to confess it is a bit of a pain to adjust it in. But it can be done. lol

Have you tried calling the manufacturer?

no i have not. i did some research before buying it and i was aware of the problems that this skimmer has. but i didn't know it was this bad or hard to work with. most reviews say that it's really hit/miss and you really have to adjust the knob to get to the elusive "sweet spot". right now the water is all the way up and filled the collection cup.

Back
Top Bottom