Aqueon 8 Nano Update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Huffers

Aquarium Advice Freak
Wow it feel like a long time since I've posted a thread on here! Still I try to read up on what others are doing when I have the time. My Aqueon 8 nano reef is still doing well! It's been setup now for nearly a year and I haven't experienced any major disasters of any kind so that's good. Lost a few zoas but that's about all I can complain about. My percula clown is still happy and healthy! My corals have grown a ton! My Xenia and watermelon zoas are now quadruple the size from when I first got them! I'm starting to see alot of "baby" Xenia now in the tank and that's cool to see. I also have green mushrooms, god of war zoas, brown zoas and blue/green zoas all of which are doing well.

For those that are looking to setup a nano reef I highly recommend this tank. For a little extra money you can upgrade the lighting system like I did to mine and have a serious nano tank. The overflow in the back provides an east way to start a fuge which drastically helps in maintaining a good environment. If you have any questions feel free to ask. For now, happy reefing!

Attachments

• image-2911511892.jpg
    image-2911511892.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 137
  • image-1971334791.jpg
    image-1971334791.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 129
  • image-2702619659.jpg
    image-2702619659.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 121
I did something similar to this using the same tank. I got an ultra brite Beamworks nano led light off ebay, then used a piece of acrylic in the filter slot to make it into 2 compartments. zthen i used some eggcrate to make 2 baskets, one in the front for purigen and floss, the second in the back for chempure. I just put heater in same compartment with the pump, turned out great :)

LOL! You've done almost identical to what I've done! I also use the Beamworks LED system and its awesome! I tell people about it every chance I get. I had the larger one 40 bulb version on a 29 gallon tank and now I have the smaller version on this 8 gallon. I also use chemipure and have a refugium that sits under the chemipure in the main area behind the tank. Show me some pics of yours!

LOL! You've done almost identical to what I've done! I also use the Beamworks LED system and its awesome! I tell people about it every chance I get. I had the larger one 40 bulb version on a 29 gallon tank and now I have the smaller version on this 8 gallon. I also use chemipure and have a refugium that sits under the chemipure in the main area behind the tank. Show me some pics of yours!

some pics of my DIY baskets

image-3435807547.jpg

image-2290722296.jpg

image-3630177247.jpg

image-1723630066.jpg

image-500744770.jpg

image-2157522407.jpg

Back
Top Bottom