Aqueon evolve 4 reef!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Original Reef

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just moved down from and 8 gallon. Just have some corals and hermits.

I want to get a fish or two. Maybe a shrimp. Any ideas?

Also do you think this 22 LED light can support corals?

Thanks guys

Attachments

• image-1572019259.jpg
    image-1572019259.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 469
A 4G is going to be too small for any fish IMO. A shrimp or multiple if tiny (ie sexy shrimp) would work.

HN1 said:
A 4G is going to be too small for any fish IMO. A shrimp or multiple if tiny (ie sexy shrimp) would work.

He's obviously is going to get a fish. Id say a small ocellaris clownfish, or a clown goby, something that doesnt get over a couple inches

He's obviously is going to get a fish. Id say a small ocellaris clownfish, or a clown goby, something that doesnt get over a couple inches

How is that obvious? Regardless, I posted my opinion which I will stand by. A clown goby MAY work, an occie clown has no business ever seeing a 4G tank and is frankly a lousy recommendation, IMO.

HN1 said:
How is that obvious? Regardless, I posted my opinion which I will stand by. A clown goby MAY work, an occie clown has no business ever seeing a 4G tank and is frankly a lousy recommendation, IMO.

I have to agree, I have a percula clown in my 12gal nano reef and the bioload is just insane. Put a trigger fish in there ;)
JK

Everyone has a different experience with fish. I have had other nanos with fish and the aquarium was in great balance. Fish were healthy too.

What clean up crew should I have? I have 4 hermits right now.

Original Reef said:
Everyone has a different experience with fish. I have had other nanos with fish and the aquarium was in great balance. Fish were healthy too.

What clean up crew should I have? I have 4 hermits right now.

Hermits do a pretty
Decent job. Im a fan of mexican turbo snails but they are a bit on the large side for
A tank that small IMO. Try adding a couple small snails nothing to extreme of course. Im not entirly sure on how an emerald crab would do in a tank that size.. But they are pretty sweet!

And as far as lighting just get small colony
Polyps and easy/hardy corals. Hard
To say if those led lights are 'reef capable' unless you have the specs of the fixture but there are a lot of corals that dont need extrordinary lighting to survive. There are even non-photosynthetic corals you could maybe look in to. Just know those corals need to be fed quite often

I have to agree will 4g being to small for most fish especially a clown. I think your underestimating how small 4g is and most reef fish requirements. The bioload alone will not be viable for a reef tank.

Also would not out turbos and emeralds in a 4g, they will starve themselves out fairly quickly.

Schism said:
I have to agree will 4g being to small for most fish especially a clown. I think your underestimating how small 4g is and most reef fish requirements. The bioload alone will not be viable for a reef tank.

Also would not out turbos and emeralds in a 4g, they will starve themselves out fairly quickly.

Thats actually a good point, a small cleanup crew is probably all you need because u can starve them all out if you have too many.

DWilliams said:
How's the stock led lighting working out for you with corals?

So far it's doing really well. The corals are fully open and look good!

But we will see if they grow

Original Reef said:
So far it's doing really well. The corals are fully open and look good!

But we will see if they grow

Keep us updated, I have this same tank sitting in my fish closet unused might set it up for some zoas if the light is capable to grow them.

DWilliams said:
Keep us updated, I have this same tank sitting in my fish closet unused might set it up for some zoas if the light is capable to grow them.

Okay I will. I'll take some pictures later

Update!

Corals and coraline seem to be doing good under the LEDs.

Attachments

• image-3657271340.jpg
    image-3657271340.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 221
  • image-1583824057.jpg
    image-1583824057.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 188
  • image-205202446.jpg
    image-205202446.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 224
  • image-1394647800.jpg
    image-1394647800.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 189
DWilliams said:
Looks good, any signs of growth?

From what I can tell so far, yes there's some growth!

But I'll keep you posted in a few weeks when I can really see

Original Reef said:
From what I can tell so far, yes there's some growth!

But I'll keep you posted in a few weeks when I can really see

Good luck :p I have 2 of the lights so if I use both of them hopefully it will do me some good.

Update!!!

The light is surprisingly good. Coroline algae is growing well. Also the corals are healthy and growing.

Great tank setup. cool design for sure

Back
Top Bottom