Aqueon evolve 8 nano reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saltwaternewbie12

Aquarium Advice Freak
Tank is the evolve 8..... Technically it's more like 6 1/2 gallons. Has 8 pounds of live sand and 8 pounds of live rock. CUC consists of 5 zebra hermits and one blue leg hermit, and 5 small margarita snails..... Has 1 percula clown and a red starfish. Both are small and will move to a 40B when they get bigger. Tank has a small ricordea mushroom, some brown button polyps, some other polyps I have no clue what they r, some luner eclipse palys, and a frag of multiple different zoas. Lighting is the stock led fixture, but planning to replace as soon as I can decide on something else.....thinking about the beamsworks ultra reef clamp on LEDs or maybe a par 38 bulb....any ideas r helpful!! Also planning to make the back into a small refugium.....

Attachments

• image-2827646791.jpg
    image-2827646791.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 264
  • image-2331768068.jpg
    image-2331768068.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 242
  • image-2752626492.jpg
    image-2752626492.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 263
I posted a few pics of some media baskets i made for this tank in response to a thread by Huffers, just search "Nano 8"

Wow man for a 6 gallon your tank looks clean well thought out! Awesome job man

Thanks! I have actually added more coral right now, and as soon as I can get my hands on some cheato, I will get the refugium going.....everyone close to me is out of stock!!

I just moved everything over from my evolve 8 into a 30 gallon. I was running 3 ecoxotic stunners on mine and all corals were healthy with great colors. That was a great little starter tank for me to get my hands wet in saltwater.

I actually went from a 40b reef to this....but I'm in the process of a 65 gallon reef build......I have new led lights ordered for this tank, should be here sometime this week.....

Ive got some leds From beamworks and i must Say they have made a world of difference. I was runnimg à power compact and 2 t5s on my 29 gallon cube now ove up graded to rumming two 10x3watt leds From beamworks and now my corals are growing ten to the dozen

Beams works is what I have ordered.... If they ever actually ship..... I ordered last Wednesday and the $ is still pending on my bank acct and nothing has been shipped..... Their website has been down too for several days so idk what the issue is....

When you do get them i bet you wont be disappointed

I hope not....also hoping I get them..... The contact numbers for them has been disconnected, and it appears they may have gone out of business....idk if that was just the store or included the online store too.....I really like the t5 fixture I got from them a few months back.....

i got my beamworks light off ebay for about $29+ shipping. Was way cheaper than from aquaria websites where cheapest i found was around $45

+1 for the Beamworks. Not many people know about these lights but they are easily the best lights for nano reef tanks that your gona find without spending ridiculous $$.

Ended up having to file a claim with my bank to get my $$ back from aquatraders......still no contact with them by phone or email, and still no lights.....now I gotta figure out soothing else unless I can find the lights on ebay

Back
Top Bottom