Baby Serpent Sea Stars in my nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seahorse lover

Aquarium Advice Newbie
not sure what to think of the baby serpent sea stars in my nano. They ate not coming out fully. you can just see their arms trying to catch food that passes by. But should I try to get rid of some before they get too big? there must be at least 8 to 12 of them living in my live rocky. thanks. l

Hi. Welcome to the forum!

I would just leave them be, they won't get that big, at least the ones in my tanks haven't lol.

I have dozens in each of my tank, I'm kinda learning to like them. :-D

Thank you! I used to have an adult green one and I remember it actually ate a clown fish! I was mortified And never bought another one again. But these came in the live rock. I didn't know what they were at first. all I ever see is their lite arms poking out of the rock work when food is in the water. Well I'll try them out then. Now I have seen a huge bristle worm in my tank. at what point are they at any concern? thanks for the reply.

I am not sure how big they can get, all of mine are very tiny pretty much, like you said, it's just little arms popping out of the rock. lol I have yet to see an entire one, just the arms :)

I have many of them living in my star polyps coral. I find them quite interesting and do target feed them occasionally. All adds to the charm and mystery or marine life.

Back
Top Bottom