BadFish's REEFER Madness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tanks, got them from the LFS. They had a deal for $10 a piece, couldn't pass that up.

These LEDs are making algae bloom like crazy! I cleaned it last night, now look at it. I guess I need more snails

Attachments

• image-1083095114.jpg
    image-1083095114.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 232
Is the cycle done yet? I know you like the LEDs but if you're cycling you might as well keep them off

Yeah it got done like 2 day ago, right before the algae got bad. The LEDs are only at 20%

Yeah, it just wasn't this bad in the first tank. I guess its the LEDs that is boosting it.

My wife and I have been neglecting this tank the last few days because I'm in the middle of another much slower build. So she decided to add something to make us take our focus back on this tank.

Attachments

• image-1777060308.jpg
    image-1777060308.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 195
Drip acclimated him for about 40 mins, as soon as he got in the tank he snagged a star.

Nice! I love harlequins!

You will probably have too feed him stars after he kills all yours in such a small tank

And where's the build thread for the other tank?!

Makeshift starfish tank.
My dog Louie loves watching the tanks

Attachments

• image-837356624.jpg
    image-837356624.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 140
  • image-3797068144.jpg
    image-3797068144.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 149
Don't worry iDream she was already on top of it, she picked up 2 choc. Stars.
And the other build thread will be up when I find time to write it. I'm in the process of looking for a house, and building a tank. What's wrong with me?

Good, also I imagine with the tank being the size it is adding a whole star will pollute the tank pretty fast, so just feed it a leg.

Yeah, I'm hoping since they regenerate there legs And I have 2 of them that I can just cycle through legs and not have to buy another star for while. I'm just not sure how often to throw a leg in there.

Badfishofbabylon said:
Yeah, I'm hoping since they regenerate there legs And I have 2 of them that I can just cycle through legs and not have to buy another star for while. I'm just not sure how often to throw a leg in there.

I find this hilarious in some sick twisted way..

^^LOL but it's okay because starfish aren't advanced enough organisms to feel pain! I think..

I'm not sure either, I imagine every 2-3 days would be a big meal for him/her so maybe every 5 days? I say google it!

i don't think this is going to work for the above mentioned reasons. water quality, chopping legs off of a starfish and tossing them in, getting a harlequin to eat non-live food....
i am interested to hear the outcome though.

Back
Top Bottom