Bare Bottom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nuvo40

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Started a 10 Gallon reef.Going the Bare Bottom route.Anyone else doing Nano Bare. Bottom?

I do in fw tanks. With a reef system that small you'll be setting yourself up for a cleaner, more stable tank. Key in smaller volumes.

Not normally. I've only ever seen one bare bottom nano personally, and it was hooked into the house's saltwater system...so being hooked up to a 125 reef and however large the sump in the basement was doesn't really count.

Well will keep updating on how it progresses.

A few weeks in.Doing one gallon water change twice a week.Nitrates staying at 10 or below.Flow all around rocks really make a difference.

Attachments

• IMG_1093.jpg
    IMG_1093.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 149
Had one way back - as a first year SW noob
Circa late 2014/2015
60074-albums14227-picture68452.jpg

60074-albums14227-picture68710.jpg

Been plugging along with sand after that.

Last edited:
I don't like the way it looks, I think sand just makes it look more natural & gives the tank that "under the sea" reef look to it.

I also think sand isn't necessary like many snobby arrogant people in the other popular forums used to argue about.

Could you paint the bottom of the tank? I can't tell from the pics if you did or not or if it would look weird???

Back
Top Bottom