Bathroom nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scooterdragon

Aquarium Advice Activist
Evolve 4 with five pounds of Hawaii black sand and a piece of rock from my 55 it's still a little cloudy

Attachments

• image-218229876.jpg
    image-218229876.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 255
Once the water is stable, I always liked the idea of a bathroom seahorse tank.....low flow,HOB refugium for pods, some macro algae....just a thought. Let us know what u came up w!

As of now there's a small button polyp (9 heads) and two small blue leg hermits

Once the water is stable, I always liked the idea of a bathroom seahorse tank.....low flow,HOB refugium for pods, some macro algae....just a thought. Let us know what u came up w!

I think I'm a little small for seahorse but maybe the 20 long I have been using to store rock in would work for that a few months down the road.

do you frequently use the shower in the bathroom? if so i would move it. all of the steam with fragrances in it from your shampoo/body wash and other various things are going to seep into the tank. I've always wanted a tank in the bathroom, but not until i have a bathroom that i don't take showers in ;) if this bathroom is only used for going to the bathroom, more power to you!! are you planning on reef? there isn't too much you could do for stocking as far as fish go, but it would make a great nano reef

Reef was the plan and lucky me there's no shower in this part of the restroom just a small sink. The rest of the shower and toilet are behind another door

What is everyone running in the back of the evolve for filter system ?

What is everyone running in the back of the evolve for filter system ?

I use a acrylic divider and split the rear filter part in two. There is a small section at the bottom to allow water to pass. Use filter floss and chemi pure elite. Been up for about a month. This is in my evolve 8.

Attachments

• image-1616365577.jpg
    image-1616365577.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 201
  • image-577368865.jpg
    image-577368865.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 181
  • image-2650433138.jpg
    image-2650433138.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 181
Here it is crystal clear water with a button polyp and two hermits

Attachments

• image-2554875155.jpg
    image-2554875155.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 166
4 gallons is small for two clowns, you should get the pistol shrimp a goby friend and call it stocked

They are doing good in my system but they are moving. I'm working on an 8 gallon nano rimless with a 10 gallon sump. Want to have about 25 pounds of live rock in my system. Just want an awesome nano display that is really stable.

4 gallons is small for two clowns, you should get the pistol shrimp a goby friend and call it stocked

That's what I was thinking. Then get a cool coral or two .
Next question is can I leave the bile lights on all night ?

They are doing good in my system but they are moving. I'm working on an 8 gallon nano rimless with a 10 gallon sump. Want to have about 25 pounds of live rock in my system. Just want an awesome nano display that is really stable.

Sounds like a cool setup.

8 gallons is still too small for even one.....

8 gallons is still too small for even one.....
It's too small for one what, a clown fish? I have had the system going for over a month now. They have their own spots they take over in the tank. Like I said it's an 18 gallon system with an 8 gallon display. I did my research before I got into this lol

Back
Top Bottom