BC 29 stock out take spitting out debris.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just noticed at lunch that my water looks like sand is being thrown around. Water was crystal clear this morning. Water levels are good. Just did water change Friday. This afternoon the tank just looks like "stuff" is coming out of the stock out take. Any ideas? There's the sponge on the bottom where the pump sits, the stock pad that it came with. I need that pad because I have chaeto in the bottom tray of the inTank media basket.

Please help. Anything to worry about?

is it micro bubbles? check the water level in your pump section. I've had my filter pads block flow to the other chambers causing micro bubbles because the water was getting low in my return chamber. when was the last time you changed them?

NyteGTI said:
is it micro bubbles? check the water level in your pump section. I've had my filter pads block flow to the other chambers causing micro bubbles because the water was getting low in my return chamber. when was the last time you changed them?

Haven't changed the pad in chamber 3 yet. Water level is fine, just looks like what you said micro bubbles and makes the tank look dirty. Should I just replace the filter? It's that blue little square one. What can I replace it with? Also I didn't forget you. Shipping out today :)

lol no worries man.

but is your return section low? the last chamber? if not then that's probably not the cause. i change out my filter pads weekly & I notice if I let it go for longer than 8 days it clogs up and I start to get micro bubbles from the low return.

My bc29 did that too. I removed the hydor powerhead and put a canister filter with the intake from chamber 1 at the bottom. I have the return go into the main tank.

ForumRunner_20120305_125959.jpg

ForumRunner_20120305_130023.jpg

NyteGTI said:
lol no worries man.

but is your return section low? the last chamber? if not then that's probably not the cause. i change out my filter pads weekly & I notice if I let it go for longer than 8 days it clogs up and I start to get micro bubbles from the low return.

It's not low at all. What's a good filter pad to use? I'll change it out today and see what happens. Probably clogged lol. Been waaay over 8 weeks! lol.

I just use "filterfloss" you can get a big bag of it for like 5$ at most LFS. it's blue on one side & white on the other. the white side stays up

NyteGTI said:
I just use "filterfloss" you can get a big bag of it for like 5$ at most LFS. it's blue on one side & white on the other. the white side stays up

Ok thanks. It has that stupid slot it goes in. I had a problem with it floating to the top so I wedged a smaller piece in with the regular sized filter.

Thanks again brother.

Reach down into your pump chamber and pull that sponge out and wash it with RO/DI water and replace. When that sponge gets clogged the pressure of the water pushes it out of place allow debris from chamber 2 to push into the pump chamber.

Starchar said:
Reach down into your pump chamber and pull that sponge out and wash it with RO/DI water and replace. When that sponge gets clogged the pressure of the water pushes it out of place allow debris from chamber 2 to push into the pump chamber.

Will do, thanks

Back
Top Bottom