Best starting anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

feeshna

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, I have had my 40 gal nano reef set up for about 8 months now and all of params have been stable. I am using strong lighting and having no health problems with fish or coral, and would like to try out an anemone. I have read that Condys, BTAs, and LTAs are the easiest, however I would like to know which of these would work best with my tank. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks

Feeshna

I would always start with a bubble tip. What kind of lighting are you using exactly? Do you have corals in the tank too? Most nems like to roam a bit so watch out for that...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I am using orbit marine reef LEDs. I do have coral in the tank however I do not think it will be too much of a problem. Also, how should I go about acclimating a nem? Same as any coral?

Feeshna

Nems tend to move around a bit that's all and can sting other corals. You acclimate them like you would inverts, slow drip, over an hour at least... Agree that's not enough light though for an anemone.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

No anemone is a good starter, if your water parameters are constant and stable then your anemone should thrive! Just make sure of where you will place it and beware of other corals as anemones will move until they find a spot they will like!!!!

Back
Top Bottom