Big Clam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dakotahshy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Today, I was sitting looking in my 14g Bio after feeding and I discovered that one of my live rocks that I paid 6.99/lb for is actually a pretty big gorgeous clam!!!!!!! opening up for food. When I had my big salt water tank I paid over $100. for my clam. Am I correct in thinking this tank is way too small for him? I don't want to give him back.

Actually if you want to see the size of him, click on one of my tank pictures and that top rock in the center of the picture with the grass stuff growing on it (Sorry don't know the name of that stuff) and the red thing on one side that looks like a piece of lr is actually the clam.

This one is up to u,
One it looks like a coreca clam sry spelling is off so one it need lots of light like some bright LEDs or mh not the stock. Biocube no matter how high up in the tank. Yes he may look happy but in over a year or so it will end up killing him. Also he might out grow tube tank on a year. He looks to b about 5" now if you do wanna upgrade your lights that spot in your front left corner on the sand looks like a good spot for him for a while. If I were you there an I know it sounds bad but I wouldn't just give it back I would see if they would buy it for if any one on here would want to trade for it. Again it's up to you I have on in my bio cube that u can se in my pics but he's only about 1in or so

I did put him in the left corner last night once I realized it wasn't a rock. I do have LED lights in this tank so I repositioned some into that left corner. While I still have him, should I stand him up or just leave him laying flat? I know that they will pay me for him if I take him back to the store where I got him. They are pretty good, I'm just surprised they didn't notice him when he was in the lr tank.

i dont see any pictures post some i would like to see it

If u look at my pics u can see Howe mine is he is standing up I guess is what u can call either way just have the mantle facing the lights for good growth

ok I added a picture with the clam out front on the sand, partially opened. Sorry picture is blurry and does not show the true colors, but it was the best I could get at the time.

Back
Top Bottom