Bio cube 14 best filter media Purigen or Chaeto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dan91369

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What is considered better for the biocube 14 Purigen or Chaeto?? I am unsure of what to use with my in tank filter with CPE and filter floss...any advice for this newbie would be great!
Thanks

I have chaeto, purigen and chemi pure elite in my bio14 Check into it. I would explain but it will have to wait

Look into purchasing a media basket to replace the bioballs. U can also buy a nano Glo led for that chamber if u decide to use chaeto. Or u can use any other sufficient light. I don't have a media basket myself but have a similar setup

Thanks for the response, I was told that CPE,floss and Purigen was the best way to go but all the talk about Chaeto has made things little confusing....I just received my in tank media basket last week.
What is your total chamber 1,2&3 set up?

1.- Heater 2 -bag of purigen on the top. After the water passes through that, it flows onto my chaeto and at the bottom of 2nd chamber is where I keep a bag of chemi pure elite. By the way, I removed the false floor of chamber 2. It allows additional room for modification. And in the 3rd chamber there is nothing but my upgraded pump. MaxiJet 900. I removed the sponge. I did these mods after careful consideration to what I thought my tank needed. This worked for my tank. As the tank matures it requires different things. And every tank is different. Depending on ur CUC, corals, fish, etc. I've heard some people say the stock bioballs work fine. Who knows?

I have a 14 also
1 - Heater and oceanic protein skimmer.
2 - Thin filter floss on the top , Chaeto and LR rubble , filter floss at the bottom.
3 - Stock pump
My levels are always 0/0/0 , I do a 2-3 gallon water change every friday, replace the filter floss and trim the chaeto.
Seems to be working good so far , been set up like this for 8 months or so.
Water changes are the key!

Back
Top Bottom