Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Nano Reefs
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-08-2012, 11:38 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Bio cube and copepods.

I have a quick question. I've done it before but never really asked as to the right way. I just got my order from reefs2go of 2,000 copepods. I turned the pump off the skimmer off and the power heads off. I put the filter media LOADED with live pods and stuck them all around the tank.

My question is this, how long can the pump, skimmer etc stay off before starting a problem? Directions don't state. It just says leave media in as long as needed.

Any help would be appreciated. It's been 8 minutes so far.

Thanks.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:40 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Your fine once they off the media provided. They are tuff little critters. I have ordered the same package and they have really taken off.

Old 06-09-2012, 01:14 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bige
Your fine once they off the media provided. They are tuff little critters. I have ordered the same package and they have really taken off.
Thanks I just turned everything on but I'm gonna keep the lights off for the night, that won't hurt will it? I love Reefs2go btw... Always customer service is top notch.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:50 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

It's best to leave the lights off till morning other wise the pods will be eaten. And yes, reefstogo is awesome. I ordered some pods and some zoas from them and three days later they resent my entire order because they said I was 5 min away from buy one get one free. So I got twice everything plus free shipping for 29.99. The zoa alone were 15.

Tags
bio, bio cube, copepods, cube

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com