Bio cube lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jason954

Aquarium Advice Newbie
How long should I be running my lights my tank is only 7 days old
20 pounds live rock live sand
Hermit crabs
Snails
Damsels
Starfish
I'm trying to find out how to time the lights

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

In a reef tank, we usually run a 10 hour photoperiod. In a FOWLR setup, you can run the lights whenever you want.
That said, in a 7 day old tank I'd be concerned with having livestock in a tank that wasn't cycled. One thing I've learned is that live sand from a bag is just sand and that live rock needs to stay fully submerged when transported to keep it 'live'. I'd be concerned about the ammonia and nitrite levels in this tank with damsels swimming in it and a starfish that won't be able to tolerate even the smallest levels of such.

What are the purpose between the white and blue led the white led and the blue led also there is a purple fluorescent actinic and 10,000k bulb what are the each for ?
Thank you for your help

Did you cycle this tank before adding livestock? I would run the lights minimally, to inhibit algae growth.

40 pounds of live rock
Sea water
Live sand

literally three posts ago you said you used 20lbs of live rock, what do you mean sea water? i smell an uncycled tank, if possible i would return all live stock immediately

I'm afraid Matty is right Jason. If that's truly how you cycled the tank, it's not cycled and your inhabitants are in danger.

Back
Top Bottom