Biocube 14 Gallons Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newbc14

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well i've been with my Biocube for about 7 months and i have to say i really enjoy working and perfecting my tank. My uncle has a 240 gallon tank and finally convinced me in November of last year to invest my money in a tank of my own. My current setup is as follows:

Non-Living:
-Standard Biocube equipment (pump, lighting, filter(has been replaced countless times), etc.
-Additional pump (Maxi-Jet 400)
-Upgrade pump nozzle (flo deflector- rotating)
-Veggie Clip
-Mag-Float cleaner

Living:
-Live white sand (about 10 pounds)
-Live rock (about 20 pounds)
-4 Scarlet Crabs
-3 Blue legged crabs
-1 Purple urchin (Not sure exactly what type)
-1 Maroon Clown
-1 Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp
-1 Super Green BTA
-1 Open Brain Coral (Green)
-1 Tube Coral (Orange)
-1 Xenia

PICS FOLLOW
picture.php

My Tank​

picture.php

Additional Pump

picture.php

Upgraded Nozzle

picture.php

Maroon Clown & BTA

picture.php

Shrimp

picture.php

Open Brain Coral

picture.php

Tube Coral

picture.php

Xenia

I am asking for any suggestions from different rock positioning to suggestions for more corals and fish. (Especially fish and corals.)
Thanks for any suggestions!

Last edited:
Not sure if there are supposed to be pictures in that post or not but they didn't show up for me.

The pictures are fixed now.

I would probably only put one more fish in there or else your nitrate levels will go up and you will start having to battle algae all the time. I have a green clown goby in my tank that i really like. Very interesting little fish that likes to perch on corals and other hiding spots and watches you watch him. Just gotta make sure the maroon doesn't beat him up though. He will only get like 1.5 inches or something like that. real small

I think a nice piece of frog spawn or a torch coral would look real nice on the empty rock right above your open brain coral. Thats just me though. Nice tank

I don't know that I would add another fish with that clown (should be in a 30G), due to their aggressive nature, especially since it's in there first.
Nice pic, by the way. That is some great coreline growth for 7 months, too!

Thanks for the compliment & the suggestion i think i might hold off for now on the fish and focus on getting a torch or frogspawn coral in first.

Doc,
I would say yes. Just start your own thread. Since nanos are specific and not really general hardware/equipment, you should be good in the nano section.

Back
Top Bottom