Biocube 14 light schedule for coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dan91369

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone,
Just picked up my first soft coral today a polyp, I am totally confused on a light schedule for coral.
How many hours should I use, what type of light should should I use? What type of lights does my stock have? ShouldI purchase a timer?
Any advice would be great for this newbie....thanks

I have stock pc (power compact) lights in my bio-cube 29g, one being a 50/50 the other a blue atinic and have 7 different softies in it, I have the lights on 2 timers set for 8 hours of lighting but have one light off set by half an hour so one comes on then half hour later the other. Also I added one 12" blue stunner strip that comes on after both lights go out so I can observe activity at night. Hope that helps :)

I'd say 8 hours is a perfect start and timers are a must for the $10 they cost. So much better than remembering to turn them on and off.

You can always play around with the lighting schedule as you move along. If you start to see a lot of algae growth, you should begin to cut the time back though.

Back
Top Bottom