Biocube 29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Starchar

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well I am finally starting to do something with my tank after moving this past July. I set up the Biocube, added the InTank fuge and media stack, changed out the stock lighting with a mod kit of LED. So I thought I would share some pics. Long way to go but here we are so far!

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 112
  • 040.jpg
    040.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 120
  • 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 116
  • 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 110
Some more pics

Attachments

• 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 111
  • 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 117
  • 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 110
  • 033.jpg
    033.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 107
Non coral...

Pair of True Perc Clowns
1 Blue Damsel
1 Serpent Star
CUC (hermits and some snails)

I don't plan on expanding the stock. The only reason I have what I have in there now is from shutting down 2 other tanks during the move. Everything else I traded in or gave away so starting over kinda fun. Besides, this being a 29 gallon I don't any more of a bioload than what I have now.

can you explain the mods to me? if you have time .. i plan on upgrading my hex to a biocube, but i dont know jack about mods & cant seem to learn what i want to know.

thanks
-ronnie

Ronnie-

Biocube is a type of tank, literally looks like a cube, has a built in 3 part refugium and a covered hood. The light mod that I did is explained in one of my threads. The mod I bought was built for the Oceanic Biocube 29g hood. Another company (InTank) makes some racks for the back of the cube to increase your filtration.

I am not sure how you would modify the hex tank. What are looking to do to it?

Also, I lived in CT for about a year in Middletown, loved it!

Starchar said:
Ronnie-

Biocube is a type of tank, literally looks like a cube, has a built in 3 part refugium and a covered hood. The light mod that I did is explained in one of my threads. The mod I bought was built for the Oceanic Biocube 29g hood. Another company (InTank) makes some racks for the back of the cube to increase your filtration.

I am not sure how you would modify the hex tank. What are looking to do to it?

Also, I lived in CT for about a year in Middletown, loved it!

i know what a biocube is starchar, i'm not a total newb LOL what i meant was, i haave a 20hex nanoreef & am planning on getting a cube as an upgrade.. i just didnt understand the mods.

the reason i replied twice was cuz i found a great thread all about the cubes .. now i just need to know if Oceanic or Corallife is better brand-wise

Sorry! I was confused when you said turning into a biocube. Long week here for me. I have heard good things about the Coral Life and have had no issues with the Oceanic brand of the BC. There is also an HQI version that is more expensive but is able to support more coral types. The stock version will handle softies.

InTank makes the the fuge mods for both brands, there is the refugium piece and the media rank to enhance filtration.

There are a few different companies that are doing the retrofit LED mods for the Biocube hoods. I used Steve's LED mod and others have had a lot of success with the Rapid LED as well. Cost ranges from $250-$350 depending on sales, etc. But again it depends on what you want to stock it with, if you don't want nems or other light intensive critters you will be good with the stock BC and just add some additional water circulation.

haha its all good star! i'm always baked so i probably word things horribly lol

thanks so much for the help! i think i'm gonna go with the corallife 29 .. foster & smith has it for $240 right now with free shipping and my girl has nothing to get me for xmas

its also perfect because i'm only doing softies & shrooms in this small tank .. maybe some candycanes, but thats about it

thanks again for the explanations

We didn't live there so long as to know all the little townships and even bigger cities for that matter. I work at the Connecticut Juvenile Training School and had to relocate back to Florida to help care for a sick family member. That was several years now.

Best of luck with your BC. Visit the InTank site for the fuge mods. The media rack is pretty helpful to have.

Your gonna love the cube. There's so much you can do to it.

I have a few threads on modding out the cube. Pretty much has all the info from basic to well.... All out!

Convict2161 said:
Your gonna love the cube. There's so much you can do to it.

I have a few threads on modding out the cube. Pretty much has all the info from basic to well.... All out!

i saw right after i posed this (i'm a dunce) .. thank you so much for doing that, brother

i only have a few zoas & a mushroom right now, but i might do the lighting upgrades for some hards around tax season

would i just need a powerhead and LED upgrade to be able to house SPS?

VERY EXCITED!!

Back
Top Bottom