Biocube 29 chamber 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eggpaul

Aquarium Advice Activist
For 6 months my nitrates were at zero and now suddenly they spiked to 60. I started vacuuming nasty stuff in the bottom of chamber 1 and the tank floor, and did a 4 gallon water change and it seemed to drop it a bit.

Question is- Can I turn the ENTIRE chamber 2 into a fuge with chaeto? I know all abotu InTank's media baskets- I don't want those or purigen/chemipure, etc.

I just want to know if putting a lot of chaeto in chamber 2 with a light will help my tank. Will the chaeto just sink under the water level or do I have to keep it down with something? Like a few bioballs or something else to weight it down.

I had cheato in my BS section 2 in a fuge basket from intank. I didnt like it too much as the cheato would grow and then it was just a jungle of green and debris was getting stuck in it.

I had cheato in my BS section 2 in a fuge basket from intank. I didnt like it too much as the cheato would grow and then it was just a jungle of green and debris was getting stuck in it.

Well, my plan is to have a filter pad above it to catch the debris. Did it help you with nitrates? Also, I want to make the entire chamber a fuge, not just one side like most do with that basket.

Back
Top Bottom