Biocube 29 owner? Come in...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok I have a Tunze 9002 skimmer in chamber 2 as well as the inTank media basket. My question is this.

iTank recommends this. Filter, purigen or Chem pure or something of that sort then bottom could be chaeto. I notice any of the lights whether the jbj LED or the Coralife really doesn't hit the bottom where the algae is. Why does it have to be in that order?

I've seen on many other forums that most run it like that. Is there a reason? I would think you would want the light on the algae more then the other stuff no?

View attachment 75530

View attachment 75531

Or now that I see the pictures from the back... It looks like the bottom shelf IS getting light. I didn't think it was. Still curious as to the order of the media basket. Or should I say the "suggested" order.

To the right of the second pic is the Tunze.

Last edited:
You can scrape the paint off the back and shine the light thru it. I believe that is what they intended.

Bige said:
You can scrape the paint off the back and shine the light thru it. I believe that is what they intended.

I have the window already. So scrap more paint off?

I didnt realize you had the window. So the light your using is pointed thru the window? You might have to scrape more paint.

Bige said:
I didnt realize you had the window. So the light your using is pointed thru the window? You might have to scrape more paint.

Scraped more paint, thanks for the help! Works perfect.

View attachment 75577

View attachment 75578

Only think is the magnet in the position it's in now doesn't really hold well so I used 3M double velcro. :)

Last edited:
What did you use to scrape the back off the bio- cube?

Cgarcia said:
What did you use to scrape the back off the bio- cube?

I used tape to make a nice square then I just used razor blade. I went nice and easy so I would get an even amount then just cleaned it up it a wet towel. Took the tape off and there ya have it.

Back
Top Bottom