Biocube and heat issues.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Biocube and heat issues

Thanks Carey and Dee Jay and Also other commentors from earlier in the thread. At least I see this is a common issue among us cube owners! Small comfort in that. For now, I'm just "popping the feeding door open" and so far has been from 79.5-80.3 for several days, so have at least reached some consistency. The LED change out sounds tempting and probably gives better lighting but I just don't have the confidence to start retro-fitting this first stab at this new hobby! Maybe later?... and maybe it would give me more lighting intensity for the corals that have higher lighting needs. One is a bit limited to the types of coral when using the compact fluorescents.

Update with my biocube. Because of the heating issues, I removed the top and replaced it with a plexiglass top I made. I also now have led lighting, which makes the whoke aquarium look much cleaner and neater. my temp now stays at 77 exactly. I also purchased a temp controller, its great..i would definetly suggest it. Ill post pics soon.

Here's the answer to your biocube heat questions. Remove the top of the tank and replace it with a plexiglass top like I did. It not only looks neater, but it definetly helps cool down your tank. Another thing I did was buy a temperature controller. Its great...keeps my tank at a perfect 77f all the time.

Attachments

• tank plexi.jpg
    tank plexi.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 65
Back
Top Bottom