BioCube for my dorm room!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They do a very good job getting it stuff to my house on time. My concern is whether or not it'll be in one piece...shoulda gone FedEx...

That stinks.... At least you can still dream about it......lol UPS is usually pretty good about getting packages to their correct destination on time so I wouldn't worry. Despite how much I make fun of UPS......
UPS is my best friend, It's to a point where I know the specific sound the truck makes, when I here it I run and wait by the door, the drivers usually laughs and tells me they are giving him a new truck soon (Hope not, this truck is easy to identify), that was a year ago.:D

They do a very good job getting it stuff to my house on time. My concern is whether or not it'll be in one piece...shoulda gone FedEx...
Fed ex is OK because of the way they handled the box of salt from Drs I got a second one free. It's nerve racking waiting for your present. When you get going, you have to put up some pics. Good luck at school and with the tank.;)

Rainford goby. Neon goby (yellow or blue striped). Some of the smaller blennies. The rainford and a lot of blennies (yellow fang is my favorite) swim out front. I think you got room for that "perching" and a small swimming fish in an 8g. I like to have a comb of fish that perch and swim. Gets boring IMO with no one swimming.

Thanks for the recommendations and kind words, everyone! Now I guess I owe you all something. My UPS man left me a nice little surprise on my doorstep. I'll have pics up when I get it set up and after I come back from the LFS.

Ok, so I never got a confirmation on shipping or any tracking info so this was a huge surprise. Didn't have any luck finding coral because my parents spent all day trying to decide whether or not to buy a new car. Well, we didn't get a new car, but I did get a yellow wrasse at my LFS. Poor guy sat in an airport all night because their supplier did such an awesome job packaging them everything fell apart at the airport. Don't worry it's not going in the BioCube...

Here are some pictures of the BioCube. I'll have coral in it tomorrow. I used 50% new water and 50% old water. Why? I'm still not exactly sure. There's 4 rocks in there right now, and I picked the worst 4 rocks for aquascaping. (Not like there's enough room to do so, anyway.) And I stole sand from my tang tank, so now there's a corner where I can see the bottom of the tank. A little irritating, so I'll fix that tomorrow. I spent 8 hours driving today, and I'm not in the mood to fix it now.
img_1008531_0_2f3eba82c7f104fdaf3def12c904108a.jpg

img_1008531_1_e507eb266f06a9f87ee6919825be431b.jpg

Daylight
img_1008531_2_1254057857f4d30f342e8144ed149c73.jpg

Actinic
img_1008531_3_7a84093038eeacdc4779a78b006a881e.jpg

Moonlights
img_1008531_4_aa20f2fb6ad7f35210ff7515277ca495.jpg

And the newest addition to the reef tank: Girlfriend will name it tomorrow since she paid for it. I'm broke.
img_1008531_5_fe7644d90fd000c5cddb29fded840a94.jpg

Ok. Today went much better! Got the LR in this morning and let the murkiness clear up. I brought some ****sels back after they started attacking my dad's clown trigger and trader for a red tail catfish for the freshwater tank. Bought a 50 watt Stealth heater by Marineland for $34 at PetsMart. So expensive, but I didn't feel like bargain hunting. So, now temperature is at 78 degrees and I moved the coral in. If any of these coral raise a red flag let me know, and I'll put them back under the MH.

Oh, and I stole another rock from the tank so that brings the grand total up to 5 rocks! I have no idea how many pounds that is.

Morning FTS
img_1009073_0_144408c47953d170ec442bd0d9399cc5.jpg

Afternoon FTS with newly added coral frags
img_1009073_1_462e75051328c37a68572f7ed1a4d585.jpg

Actinic
img_1009073_2_4542da38e27b447d84f28e7d26eeed5a.jpg

Moonlights
img_1009073_3_3f59896ad7213864b7455baa5a474604.jpg

Orange Ric and Prism Favia under LED moonlights
img_1009073_4_e119638fd4e0a894ce871fde38266984.jpg

Evening FTS
img_1009073_5_cfcd5ab05a6edc639f1eeda5f7676c97.jpg

Looks good, from the pics you wouldn't know it's only 8 gallons. Nice frags too.

Thanks, Keith. Yeah, I'm not really happy with the colors and variety so I'm looking to trade them out if anyone's interested. I'm always looking for new frags and my LFS is supposed to be ordering me some zoos to choose from on Wednesday.

UPS is my best friend, It's to a point where I know the specific sound the truck makes, when I here it I run and wait by the door, the drivers usually laughs and tells me they are giving him a new truck soon (Hope not, this truck is easy to identify), that was a year ago.:D

I missed this post for some reason. I'm the same way with my UPS guy and he makes fun of me, too.

Funny story...
On Thursday at the mall in Evansville a UPS man had a buttload of packages on his cart lugging it around. For some reason, there was a massive avalanche in the middle of the mall and all the packages fell of. There were like 20 packages on the ground, so I helped him pick them up while everyone watched. Turns out, when I got home I had my tank waiting for me under the car port. I find it weird because I didn't get any shipping info. Karma?

Thanks! I really like this BioCube. It's the perfect size for the scenario I'm in, and it's not too heavy to have on a desk. It's on my dresser right now lol.

There's not really much to update. I'm moving the corals up on the rock work tomorrow. I haven't had the chance to get any new coral since I've spent all my money on stuff for my dorm.

I have a HUGE population of copepods, some HH shrimp, and a HH snail. I just found the snail last night munching away on algae.

I still need to get a pic of the little shrimp. I'm not even sure if that's what they are, but they look like little rolly polly bugs.

Still running fishless, I have an algae bloom now. I think diatoms on the sandbed.

I saw my yellow coris wrasse for the first time today in the 20. I thought it was dead for the past few days, but I found it lying on sand bed. I went closer to look at it and it took off in the SB, but it looks nice and healthy. I think it's picking off copepods at night.

I'll have pics of the tank tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom