BioCube for my dorm room!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, can't wait for the pics!

Oh and BTW, I got the 8g BioCube and Im going to start cycling it this week. I dont know what Im putting in it though, lol, probably going to start a dwarf seahorse tank :cool:

Yeah, can't wait for the pics!

Oh and BTW, I got the 8g BioCube and Im going to start cycling it this week. I dont know what Im putting in it though, lol, probably going to start a dwarf seahorse tank :cool:

Nice...Do I smell a new tank build thread?

As for updates...

Still none... lol. I've procrastinated and all I've done to the tank is cleaned the glass. I haven't even moved the coral.

What are everyone's take on the Hydor Flo Wavemaker? Thought it would really add a nice effect and stimulate some coral growth.

I lost my Yellow Coris Wrasse the other day. I guess the extra night at the airport really took a toll on it. :( Found it on the sand bed. A nice $15 meal for the crabs and cleaner shrimp. Now I'm thinking of trying another Six-Line.

Updates are on the way... I think....

Sad to hear. Maybe a clown to replace it?

Funny you mention that...

I can't keep anything with clown in its name...

I've tried like 4 different species of clownfish pairs all of them got ich or brooklynella...

I tried a clown tang...well, let's say that was my last impulse buy.

I thought about a clown goby, but I didn't want to lower my self esteem buy killing a hardy, $8 fish.

But I really like wrasse and how they serve as "guardians" for reef tanks. My parents will be stocking the tanks with LPS coral while I'm gone, so I need something to look over the tank for me, lol.

Unfortunately I didn't have time to get any pics of my tank before I left. And even worse, I wasn't able to bring it on my first trip up to college. But it's coming in 2 weeks! I'll have pics hopefully by labor day. I haven't gotten any coral, but I put a tiny six line wrasse in there. I know the tank's a little small, I just wanna get rid of some of the HH on there, I think they're bothering the coral.

Finally got my tank set up in my room! It's been a month since I'd last seen it, and algae had taken a toll on the tank. It over-ran a couple of my frags and left me with 2 torches, a frogspawn, a few zoa frags, a favia frag, an orange ric, and a duncan coral (which has 4 heads now). I installed a Hydor-Flo Rotating Wave-maker and that's pretty much it. I'll be running to the LFS sometime this week to fill some of the empty spaces with coral.

Here's a picture a few hours after the 4 hour drive. Corals aren't too happy, yet.

img_1030432_0_8975893bab6d3beb9efa679a37e0d9fa.jpg

Looks really nice. How come the water is kind of cloudy? Just move some sand around or something?

Looks really nice. How come the water is kind of cloudy? Just move some sand around or something?

Yeah, I somehow managed to move it 240 miles without making a mess. The sand got kicked up during the drive so the water got really nasty for a few hours. It's starting to clear up now. And the picture was taken from my crappy iPhone 3G.

Oh! I did not realize you moved it lol. My bad. I was just wondering what was up.. that's all. It still looks awesome regardless. I like the rockwork. It's kind of funny.. its like i like everyone elses rockwork besides my own.. -_- lol.

I just kinda dropped the rocks in and let them fall into place. Once the girlfriend decides to email my pictures, I'll update the pics. Probably tomorrow or the next day.

Ok, so it's been a while since I've been on here. This time I do have pictures. I haven't added anything new to the BioCube except a Clownfish. All my money has gone towards my tang tank at home. Here are some pics of both. Enjoy! Pictures are from my iPhone 3GS.

This is what happens when you don't use RO/DI water...
img_1057851_0_5fcb4c23b3ad50e8c889742b75f187bf.jpg

My Frogspawn developed another head!
img_1057851_1_7b7a10707fedafd692b8977b44efb926.jpg

img_1057851_2_a4c38f39809adb9120fd2ab8bc4bfce7.jpg

And my Duncan Coral went from one head to 6 heads!
img_1057851_3_c2357a55cf3cce701fb0522e658dedf2.jpg

And some of the tang tank...
img_1057851_4_6402a77b281e5aa2a10f084c0dd7ec85.jpg

img_1057851_5_ce6bd4e740149e5be9451613936067ed.jpg

For any other people considering taking a tank to college: IT'S NOT EASY. But it's a great ice-breaker, and the ladies love it ;).

CUC?
and theres frogspawn for saltwater ?

I have 3 hitchhiker snails and 4 hermits and an emerald crab. I probably need to look at getting more hermits or maybe a blenny.

I'm not familiar with much freshwater, but I can definitely say that there are frogspawn in saltwater aquaria.

Back
Top Bottom