Biocube temperatue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigFudge

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so the last few days have been way up in the hundreds and my tank is fluctuating between 80 and 83... What do I need to make this problem go away and stay a steady temp? A better heater? A chiller? Its a 25 gallon biocube

BigFudge said:
Ok so the last few days have been way up in the hundreds and my tank is fluctuating between 80 and 83... What do I need to make this problem go away and stay a steady temp? A better heater? A chiller? Its a 25 gallon biocube

Well a chiller would work but are also pricey. I have a floor fan that I let blow on the tank and that helps mine when I have all the the lights on. If its that hot out I would just unplug the heater. It has been like that we're I am and I haven't had my heater plugged in, in over a week. I also open the feeding lid on mine to let some heat out. If you only have a problem cause of the heat and don't normally then a chiller might really not be needed. I mean if you have 300 or more laying around then it will keep it perfect all the time

Lol a luxury I cannot afford.... I'll try the fan thing and I unplugged my heater. Thanks for the help

22engine said:
Well a chiller would work but are also pricey. I have a floor fan that I let blow on the tank and that helps mine when I have all the the lights on. If its that hot out I would just unplug the heater. It has been like that we're I am and I haven't had my heater plugged in, in over a week. I also open the feeding lid on mine to let some heat out. If you only have a problem cause of the heat and don't normally then a chiller might really not be needed. I mean if you have 300 or more laying around then it will keep it perfect all the time

Remove the heater and the fan works! I use a fan on mine

I just looked at like a 25$ hang on side fan made for aquariums that can drop it 2-4 degrees as an alternative for a chiller. It had good reviews :) also I saw this awesome mag-float type thing that cleans your glass but also has a magnifying glass so you can see everything all up close and personal! I want one!!!!

Attachments

• image-2791997679.jpg
    image-2791997679.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 59
I had heat issues and tossed the stock lighting and went with LED's. Of course I don't expect everyone to do this so...

Like mentioned before. A fan will work. Also opening the feeding lid when your home just incase you have any jumpers. Also you can open the back lid as well. You'd be surprised how much heat your pump, skimmer if you have one and any other equipment you have running will produce. Your power heads if you have one or two will produce heat since the motor is in your display tank.

You can also keep a few small bottles of distilled water in the freezer and If it gets real bad you can float the bottle on top of the surface or just float a bag of ice.

I haven't had my heater plugged in for months and my temp is 78-80, I also have a bigger pump and a skimmer. I took the power heads out and put a mp10 which is nice for many reasons but a plus to the mp10 for heat issues is the motor and cord are outside the tank.

But to keep I simple. A fan, some frozen bottles in the freezer and you can always just float a bag of ice if need be.

Back
Top Bottom