Biocube with a fuge??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not yet but I have been reading into it. I have seen a few ways. I would prefer to not cut the back up too much. I have seen a diy that just used a plastic basket with rubble and cheato. Had two under water lights. The guy said his cheato doubled in size in about a month and his nitrates were 0. Let me know what you were thinking. I guess I am assuming you mean in chamber 2.

Yea, well I was thinking about the second chamber. The problem is, if you bring the water level all the way up for a fuge then you are messing with the wet/dry system. I was thinking about maybe doing a Hang On Back fuge. I can't believe no one on this forum has a biocube with a fuge, right? lol

If you took out bioballs then wet dry is gone anyway. The dry part (if im not mistaken) is to give bioballs air. I believe you told me you removed yours (i took mine out because you did) so water level no longer matters. if you want a hob then cpr makes one that is small enough. Google or youtube the cpr hob fuge. Some mods are required. Ecosystem has one as well (but made by cpr). I dont know about the others with biocubes. I think this is general forum. Check out a nanoreef forum (i hope this site doesn't get jealous, I didn't join, just looked). Everyone mods these tanks. More than I would.

Yea, I have chemipure and purigen plus filter pads in the second chamber. No Bioballs. How is your tank coming along?

It is doing great. No problems since bioball removal. I just ordered some leds to change lights out. Then I am going to work on fuge. I have a huge colony of gsp. Check out my images. I am pleased with the biocube.

Have you ever had your gsp all of a sudden stop opening?? Just yesterday, all of a sudden they aren't opening! I'm freakin out.

Yes, it use to do it all the time. Mine have stayed closed for 3 months before. It can be a few things. They like to be clean. So wave your hand over them to "dust" off. They also like moving water. I use to put my ph two inches away from them. They would blow like crazy but they came back. Then I moved the ph off. I dont know if you have one but have you seen the rotating head for output ph? It is a Koralia deflecto. You take off your old tip and replace with this rotating head. My gsp dance to it. They love it.

I will have to try doing those things. Here's a funny story about the GSP. My wife calls me while I'm at work and goes "Hey did you know the green things are in their shells...." GEE!! THANKS FOR TELLING ME!!! lol... Like I'm not freaking out already. Anyway... I will try to move the direction of the water flow and clean them off, although they seem to be clean. Can you send me the link to the rotating Koralia pump. The Koralia pump I have now is not rotating.

I think i'm random but i would like to ask if any body know how to upgrade the biocube 29 canopy to MH or something stronger? Thanks

I have seen a few DIY for mh. The only problem is the heat. Google or youtube it. I found the video there.

I bought the nanocustums led light upgrade kit. It will be all led. So I will let you know how it goes and post the the build. They are suppose to be as bright as mh but less heat and last a long time.

I am also considering this fuge type setup for back chambers.
BioCube 29 Package Deal - inTank, LLC
Watch the video. And price is right.

WOW! Good find! That's exactly what I'm looking for. I wonder how ligit it is?? Let me know if you are going to get it, and how the new light system works out for you.

I just saw a new biocube at lfs. A hqi with built in fuge. Check it out maybe you could do something like that. Not light but fuge.

Back
Top Bottom