Branching Purple Tip Hammer Coral questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How long does it take to open all the way up?

They cant really kill anything unless the crab is super small. And give it at least 24
Hours
Possibly more dependent on your water
Conditions
And lighting

Okay thanks, do u think coral food can kill crabs cuz i put it in and 10 mins later two of my emeralds are laying on their backs

No corals can not kill crabs in facts quite opposite when it comes to emerald crabs. I would question your accumation process ..... how did you introduce them im to your tank?
How long have they been in your tank how long was your coral been on.. feeding practices?

jsmith said:
No corals can not kill crabs in facts quite opposite when it comes to emerald crabs. I would question your accumation process ..... how did you introduce them im to your tank?
How long have they been in your tank how long was your coral been on.. feeding practices?

Did you just do a water change... to best answer any question its important you give any bit of information possible.

They bin in my tanks for months and i just put my first coral in today

What process did you use to acclimate the coral?

What lighting do you have?

What are your water parameters now?

image-1159234763.jpg

Finally looking better opened up more in this spot

yeah that's a frogspawn. Iooks like the bicolor frogspawn. That's what I have. A hammer has hammer shaped heads. They are similar to the one you have but can def tell the difference. There's also another coral that's like the frogspawn but doesn't have branching tips. I believe it's a torch? All are beautiful. I personally like the hammer the best. Frogspawn have branching tips if you look closely.

Yeah i love em, lost my emerald crabs but i gained a new love which is my frogspawn

Emerald crabs can kill frogspawns etc. Frogspawns are better looking when they get big. They grow quickly in a high nutrient tank so provide good lighting and high calcium and magnesium. When they start to get real big they are easy to frag and make more

Thanks everyone, but i just found out that one of the emeralds are alive and PREGO! It walked around and opened its sack to clean it up and i seen the eggs, but then it walked and flipped on its back again like its dead. Anyone have info on emerald spawning?

Back
Top Bottom