Breeding ocellaris clowns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BLUEaquarium06

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Okay so i am pretty much brand new to saltwater tanks, mad a c**p ton of mistakes lost some fishies and coral, still trying to right some of the wrongs that I have made, but ive had 3 fish that have held on for the ride, 2 ocellaris clownfish and a strawberry dottyback, When i first started my tank i used tap water, and had lots of water problems, i just started doing water changes with rodi water, and everything seems to be a whole lot better, but anyway my clowns laid eggs and i have become obsessed with research and everything else on breeding clowns, I wanted to make a thread for everyone else who is also obsessed and for others who have actually succeeded. So if you are interested in following my most likely doomed story and others who have hopefully successfully done this please post here for, and id love to see some pictures. bellow are 2 pictures of my clowns and the whole tank.

...3rd times the charm

Attachments

• Facebook-20150209-020008.jpg
    Facebook-20150209-020008.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 114
  • Facebook-20150208-072126.jpg
    Facebook-20150208-072126.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 113
Can't wait to see people responded this. I have two false perculus clown in my 30gal reed tank. It is only 6 month old.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thats cool, do you want them to breed? there is probably about a 0% chance these eggs survive, but it would be really cool if they did. right now the only coral that i have that has survived was a little thing of zoas, I want to get some frogspawn and put it right by where they laid there eggs because that seems like the best spot to put it, but im scared to now

If they do yay if they don't oh well I just like there personalities.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It's very easy to breed clowns, but you need a species specific tank for them and different types of food along the growth process. There are plenty of how-to's on the net if you google "breeding clownfish". The eggs you have there will not survive.

I doubted they were going to survive, and i have been doing boatloads of research on breeding and food and tanks, everything you can imagine. I am more interested in people posting there first hand experiences with breeding them, photos, etc. I do have one question though, would it be alright for me to place frog spawn above where the eggs are laid? i attached a picture, the eggs are circled in red and where i want to put the frag is in blue

Attachments

• FreshPaint-10-2015.02.10-11.00.44.jpg
    FreshPaint-10-2015.02.10-11.00.44.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 115
Sure. Unless of course the clowns object to you putting stuff near the eggs, and decide to kill it. You just gotta watch their behavior.

Attachments

• sanjay1ed.jpg
    sanjay1ed.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 105
  • sanjay2.jpg
    sanjay2.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 98
Back
Top Bottom