Bringing water temp up.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carlB9

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm trying to bring my temp up for a 2gal. water change but the heater I'm using is only getting it up to 70 or so. I have a 6gal. tank. Is it because the heater isn't fully covered with water? It's not submersible and I'm making the water in a 5gal. bucket. Should I buy a cheap submersible one or does anyone know a different way to get the water temp up?
Thanks for any help.

My wc heater broke on me a couple weeks ago and I've just been putting my 5g buckets with the fresh sw in them in the bath tub and turning the water as hot as it will go and let the buckets sit in the hot water with a thermometer in them while I go do the wc. Takes about 5-10 minutes if soaking to bring the buckets up to temp.

Thanks for the help. Did it in my sink and it worked perfectly.

My wc heater broke on me a couple weeks ago and I've just been putting my 5g buckets with the fresh sw in them in the bath tub and turning the water as hot as it will go and let the buckets sit in the hot water with a thermometer in them while I go do the wc. Takes about 5-10 minutes if soaking to bring the buckets up to temp.

that's funny I thought I only did the crazy stuff (y)
good to know I'm not alone lmao
I don't use the tub though , I just put the buckets in front of the fireplace till they warm up , it takes a little longer about 30 min or so but it works
I used to use a old waterbed heater till it finally fizzled
who said rocket science don't work in this hobby:D:ROFLMAO::brows:

that's funny I thought I only did the crazy stuff (y)
good to know I'm not alone lmao
I don't use the tub though , I just put the buckets in front of the fireplace till they warm up , it takes a little longer about 30 min or so but it works
I used to use a old waterbed heater till it finally fizzled
who said rocket science don't work in this hobby:D:ROFLMAO::brows:

Some times you just gotta get creative :) It's working so well I don't know if I'm going to replace the heater

I'll be honest, I don't heat my water change water at all. I hook the fresh water up to my ATO and do about 1-2 gallons at a time. It slowly trickles in and doesn't have any major impact on anything in my tank. I discovered this after my heater also broke and gave me a nice shock.

Back
Top Bottom