bristle worms....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sixlines are supposed to but I'd imagine only small ones. I have a sixline and before the latest storm that wiped out my tank I had a few good sized bristleworms in my tank. I'm sure there are other options.

You might be over feeding if you have a big population of bristle worms I noticed if I feed my tank more than a couple of times a week they in a few more weeks I have a lot more of them. They are a great part of the clean up crew so I live them in my tank. I have never seen them bother anything in the tank.

See this isn't really my concern. I know they aren't bad. This is in my girlfriends 12 gal nano and she's "scared" of them.. (silly women) there's literally dozens on the one piece of live rock she has. Thanks tho guys.

There is a trap u can buy that will catch them at night. Goggle it. Should come up with some online stores that sell it. It's a little green tube thing. Then u won't have to add a unwanted occupant.

I might have to look into that trap. And she's got feather dusters that she loves so I don't think crabs are the best idea. Thanks a lot tho guys

cut back on feeding like joy13 said. you'll see less and less of them. every other day is more than enough.

She's only feeding once every other day already. And barely anything when she does feed. Thanks for the suggestion tho.

+1 to getting the arrow crabs. If you have a good LFS they can usually "babysit" your tube worms for a minimal weekly fee or free if your a frequenter in the shop. Make sure if you get rid of them your replacing them with another CUC member that will keep up their job like naccarius snails.

none of these creatures mentioned are 100% guaranteed to eat bristle worms. the long nose hawk might eat other inverts as well.

silly woman

See this isn't really my concern. I know they aren't bad. This is in my girlfriends 12 gal nano and she's "scared" of them.. (silly women) there's literally dozens on the one piece of live rock she has. Thanks tho guys.

My wife put the live rock in a bucket of tank water and used Joe's Juice in all the holes to chase them out. Then returned into the display after a good rinse of clean tank water.

Back
Top Bottom