Brown spots on my mushrooms?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saltwater reef

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys I recently bought some mushrooms for one of my nano tanks and I see spots that look very unusual on the shrooms?

image-3387807337.jpg

No not all of them, but the spots are moving I can tell. Either that or I'm insane!

Moving huh. I have no idea what it could be. Don't really look like it but I hope it's not flat worms. Maybe someone who had this before will chime in.

No problem. I would do a saltwater iodine dip on that piece with the mushrooms or try to vacuum them out ASAP! They bread rapidly. If push comes to shove you can go the chemical route and use flatworm exit. But u have to get the dead worms out because they will poison you're tank. Best of luck! Tell me how it goes.

+1 on looking like flatworms. Hope it isn't but I wish you the best of luck getting rid of them if it is.

Alright guys it was flat worms..and I did I 20 second freshwater dip and these suckers just fell off!

Good deal. Just hope it don't stress the shrooms too much. I would look around on the substrate and neighboring rocks to see if there is more.

I now they look very stressed as of now, but now in finding the mushrooms that detached after I put the rock in!

They may reattach. But on the bright side... I'd rather loose a few mushrooms than loose an entire tank to flatworms! And then have to start all over. I've been lucky to never have the bad ones. I had the small clear ones with a tiny orange spot in the middle. I hear they are some of the ones that are harmless but I removed each one that I've ever seen one by one with tweezers anyways. Haven't seen any in a long time. My biggest battle was cyano ref slime and hair algae. Still got a little hair algae. The stuff is ruthless! Lol

Lucky me I haven't got any of that, not even in my show room tank! Lucky me I guess?

They are finally good did one more dip the next day and they are clean as a whistle!

Back
Top Bottom