Bulb nem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Babymama18301

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello,

I was just wondering if my nem looks healthy? He's my first nem I've had him since my birthday in march. I was really ready for the plunge of a nem but he was. A present so I've been trying to do my best keep him healthy and happy. But my clowns won't go near it does that mean some thing is wrong with it? Thank you

image-2437042401.jpg

Looks good to me. The clowns may never go to it however. It doesn't mean something's wrong with the anemone. The clowns just don't know they are supposed to host it. Probably tank raised clowns.

You can try taping a picture of a nem with a clownfish in it to the side of your tank for a while

I'm glad he looks good he's just about 4 times bigger than when I got him. He was like quarter size at first. I only feed him once a week now is that to little?

I've tried taping pics to the glass than took em down wen I had squares of algae. Lol.

Some one told me to put the nem and the clowns in a strainer floating on top of the tank is this some thing any one has tried? And can this nem hurt me? When I first got it i picked up with my hands to put it in the tank, than when I was researching the one site said they can cause harm to people. I think it's the wrong kinda nem tho. I have a black and white O clown and a orange and white O clown. But the nem was a gift so didn't even know it was coming till the ups man came lol.

And I have another question my cleaner shrimp keeps having babies every time it molts. The babies live until they are about 3 weeks old and really exploring than the clowns and scotter Benny eats them. And I only have one shrimp so i don't know how it's having babies it's was cool first couple times now its getting on my nerves.

Are you sure it's shrimp babies and not pods? Are you adding anything to the water at all? A shrimp molting every 3 weeks sounds like a lot of molting. High iodine levels can contribute to this.

Yes they are shrimp babies, I've taken like 60(Edit ihad 100 but my boyfriend said it was about 60) to my Lfs last month they were about 3 mons old maybe 4. I don't add any Chemicals to the water at all I use "sea water" in a 5g container and distilled for top offs. And maybe I'm Exaggerating with 3 weeks prolly between 4-6 weeks I do a big change every 5 weeks with lil one in between n it seems like it always after the big change. It's just seems like so much. She molts than the green eggs drops she carries em(I live watching her fluff them or what ever she is doing to them) than when she's ready she releases them into the cave she made between two rocks and the sand than in a couple days all these Tiny lil things are savaging around. Ever couple days ill see one that passed floating in the water. I drove my self nuts thinking my water was bad the first couple times I seen a dead one but my Lfs says I should just be happy that any of them Survive. I had no idea she could have babies on her own.

After the first two sets of me caring for them raising em I stopped pulling them out because there just so many of them

If these are definitely skunk cleaner shrimp, and you only have one, this female has stored sperm from a previous fertilization for the eggs you see. This is not something that can happen indefinitely. She will definitely run out of sperm and with no mate, that will be that. Also, I find it amazing that these babies are actually growing in a community tank. What are you feeding them?

I will try tonight to get a couple scooped up for a picture if not tonight deffently tomorrow morning. It was home made food my Lfs made into like Liquid ill look at the bag when I get home and tell u what's in it. Like I said I only saved two batches that last two she had I just left in there and once they they start to grow and the clowns spot them they get eaten up. But I did notice this last batch was smaller so maybe she ran out? I guess we'll see next month. I'm not the salt water person lol my boyfriend is. I love my African cichlids.

Here was one of the first set she had ill try in the morning to scoop a couple up

image-182548349.jpg

image-3073164487.jpg

They hide in there

Back
Top Bottom