Carey's Pico Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The led light I found is a fennix led light for the pico. It cost more than the PC light. I don't know if it's worth it. I want the shimmer though

Carey the title of this build thread seems to be flawed, I am failing to see the word LAST anywhere? Can't wait to see what you do with it, lol.

So the more I think about it the more I think I want this to be an invert tank. How does that sound? I'll eventually get the fish but I'd like to stock inverts first.

I was thinking 3 sexy shrimp, one peppermint, maybe those little pom pom crabs like 2, and 2 red scarlet hermits. :)

Are there any other shrimp i can get that would be ok? I'd also like to have a feather duster. Can't wait to see what my lfs has tomorrow!

So the more I think about it the more I think I want this to be an invert tank. How does that sound? I'll eventually get the fish but I'd like to stock inverts first.

I was thinking 3 sexy shrimp, one peppermint, maybe those little pom pom crabs like 2, and 2 red scarlet hermits. :)

Are there any other shrimp i can get that would be ok? I'd also like to have a feather duster. Can't wait to see what my lfs has tomorrow!

Me either!! Hope you get lots! haha I brought home a porcelain crab today, I'll post pics after I get my anemone moved over :) I better go do that now!

Love the black sand Carey, I was thinking of mixing a small bag in with my live sand. Whatcha think?

Gamefreak0109 said:
this is the light that comes with the kit i found ( its in japanises or chinese lol)

img56951986.jpg

i would probably be better off getting a different light lol

It's Japanese. :) You can tell by the mix of the writing systems as Chinese only has hanzi while Japanese has three. :) Carey, I'm following most of your builds and I think they're amazing.

Mix it in with white sand?? If so Corey had a mixture in his tank before, he just switched it for all white, here is his thread with pics, you should check it out and see if you like the mixture.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f101/coreys-biocube-14-reef-137684-6.html

Thanks for the link. I do like the mix, however I wouldn't have as much black. Just enough to have contrast. The majority would be my sand (bag said sand but seems bigger than sand to me)

since your filter is broken, you should look into this one. im pretty sure im going to use this for my pico. im sure its more than enough.

Aquarium Filters & Water Quality: Current SubCurrent Internal Wet/Dry Filter

I was looking at that filter, looks pretty neat. Just not sure there will be enough room for it in there and other stuff lol.

I'm gonna keep on finnex and see what that gets me. I ordered like 2 packs of filter cartridges so I'd like to get some use out of it. :)

ah, well what part of it broke? i wanna get this one cus it looks like it will get good water flow, and with it being an overflow, the surface will look nice and clear. im very interested to see what all you fill yours with. isnt there a LFS trip for you soon? keep us posted

Geez Carey, I thought the biocube was supposed to be the LAST one! Lol. MTS much? Lol, just kidding. All your tanks turn out great Carey, I'll be along for the ride!

Here are the corals I got for the pico today. Spent like $40 total. :-D
They haven't opened up yet but here ya go:

img_1391714_0_ccfe27590650d36ab1a57371dc710c05.jpg

img_1391714_1_deadf8005c6968c4279e8edd7a068778.jpg

img_1391714_2_112c0f3f9daafd32737de700495924e6.jpg

img_1391714_3_8fea753bf110dffd08d8e29f8a312df9.jpg

Thanks lauren, i appreciate it.

woohoo! So excited to have something in this tank. I think I will wait for my new filter to come before I add any livestock like fish or cuc.

Back
Top Bottom