Chemi-Pure Elite Explosion!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KTamer

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey all, new to the site and just was wondering a few things. I just started my BC 14 gallon and just put LR in 5 days ago. I purchased chemi-pure elite and threw it in the second chamber. However, I believe it got snagged on something and has a hole because this morning my filter floss was black and I could see little black dots on my sand and some of the rock! I lightly rinsed it before putting it in the second chamber till no black came off so this is not a rinsing issue. Is this harming my rock or sand at all and what should I do!? Has this happened to anyone??

The black "dots" are pieces of the carbon from the Chemi-pure. The resin is a brownish color. The black color on the floss is carbon dust. I also use Chemi-pure elite and it is nearly impossible to get it 100% rinsed.

I just read the container, barely as the print is so small, and it doesn't have any warnings about releasing the actual material into the tank. I did a quick search but can't find anything that indicates gettng the stuff in the tank is an issue. My only thought would be the fish picking at it thinking it is food.

Back
Top Bottom