chemipure elite issue!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reygan2

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, I "rinsed lightly" per the instructions and now my tank water is black!! I just did a wc before I added it so I don't have enough saltwater to do a good wc now. Will my fish be ok for a few hours until I can mix more???

I removed the chemipure, rinsed it thoroughly, (which took forever) and did a wc once my saltwater was ready. I added a filter pad and everything is cleared up now. I googled and found a few others with the same issue, but not much info on possible long term effects on fish exposed to such a concentrated amount of carbon dust and whatever else is in that bag. Nothing much I can do at this point, certainly a learning experience but just curious if anyone knows.

You have to rinse the carbon untill it goes clear. Thats with any carbon.

I did the same thing!! There was black dust all over. I sucked most of it up, but my fish are fine. My angel has mild hlle which im not sure if it was from the chemi pure elite dust that I missed or not.

Your fish will be fine. Next time just rinse the bag till water flows through it without having a tint.

Lol yeah, I know to rinse carbon well, but I figured they had a reason to put "rinse lightly" on the container so I didn't question it. All the fish seem fine so hopefully no harm done.

Back
Top Bottom