Clown fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Melissajk

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought a small clownfish to go with my little larger one. They get along great no problem there. The problem is the small clown fish is not a good eater. I bought the small fry pellets he was used too and feed frozen food too. He just nibble a little bit then seems uninterested. I have had him for 2 weeks now, he seems happy and healthy should I worry?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I wouldn't worry fish can survive long periods of time without eating. He's probably still getting used to the tank. If you want him to eat but a garlic extract supplement from kent. It's basically 100% garlic and nothing else, fish can resist it and it also boosts there immune systemsImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390884226.691102.jpg

Well I fed again and he was going after the food. Maybe he is eating but not as much as the other fish. Do you put the garlic on the food?

Thank you for the advice. I woke up to a problem. I just bought my first zoa and my peppermint shrimp pulled off one of the polyps. Errr! ! I'm going to have to take him back to the store. I'm going to have to take out my rocks. Any suggestions on how to catch him. I'm bummed I like the shrimp but I want to have coral in my tank.

Peppermints only eat decaying stuff. I have 4 in my tank and I have atleast maybe 10 types of coral. So if you really like em don't return him just see what goes on from here!:) and a good method to catch em is a food trap just get like a bottle clean it put some food in there and he'll go for it. you could always try scaring him into the net as well.

Well I returned my peppermint shrimp to the store last night. My skunk shrimp seems happier, he is coming out more and not hiding so much. I think the peppermint shrimp was a little aggressive and when I cleaned my tank last night there were zoa pices from him munching on. He was pretty good at keeping my tank clean though. I can't believe how much they eat.

My peppermint shrimp is a demon! Lol watched him tear two mushrooms to shreads. Caught my clown goby perched on a rock and before i could get to him he killed it. Then he just snatched my firefish out from a rock. Luckily hes fast enough to break free.

My peppermint shrimp is a demon! Lol watched him tear two mushrooms to shreads. Caught my clown goby perched on a rock and before i could get to him he killed it. Then he just snatched my firefish out from a rock. Luckily hes fast enough to break free.

Your peppermint shrimp killed two fish?

Wow, I didn't know they were so aggressive. My tank inhabitants seem happier without the peppermint shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom