Clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HairlessPotter

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I'm finally about ready to start stocking my nano 24. Is an oscellaris clown a good first fish or should I put it in last? I know I want one for sure either way but heard clownfish can be territorial so should be put in last

I'm planning on having more. Idk exactly yet but I want a clown for sure, probably a bangaii cardinal, and I really like the mandarin goby but that doesn't seem likely. Any suggestions? I want corals too

I do not reccomend the mandarin. Very difficult fish to keep alive. But the clown and bangaai cardnal seem like two good choices. If you wanted a fish that stays on the bottom i reccomend a yellow watchman goby. Very hardy and dont need big tanks

Nu-Nu the eel said:
I do not reccomend the mandarin. Very difficult fish to keep alive. But the clown and bangaai cardnal seem like two good choices. If you wanted a fish that stays on the bottom i reccomend a yellow watchman goby. Very hardy and dont need big tanks

I like yellow gobys too :) so what order should I get them in?

HairlessPotter said:
Also should I get the cuc first or wait a little bit to make sure there will be food to eat?

Wait a little bit. Or, get some and provide them with food. Your choice, but dont add all at one no matter what

Add the most territorial and agressive fish last. But if you dont plan on getting any fish that are even a little agressive, then thats even better. If they are all peaceful then i reccomend adding the most healthy and hardy fish first.

Add the clown last. Even oscellaris(sp?) are territorial. So I would add your most peaceful fish first, and go from there.

K good to know

So far the list is:
Oscellaris clown
Bangaii cardinal
Yellow watchman goby

Is there room for another?

HairlessPotter said:
K good to know

So far the list is:
Oscellaris clown
Bangaii cardinal
Yellow watchman goby

Is there room for another?

Ya know, people might not agree, but i think you could add one more small fish. Maybe like a neon goby or somthing

You probably could add a neon goby if you really wanted to, but I think your stocklist looks great.
Also, I think those clean up crews are pretty packed, if I remember correctly. You could probably get away with one of the smaller sizes if you don't want so many snails, etc.

Im gonna ask the guy at the lfs what cuc packages they have and see where to go from there.

Thanks for the help everyone!
This is my first sw tank and I'm dying to get something in it

HairlessPotter said:
Im gonna ask the guy at the lfs what cuc packages they have and see where to go from there.

Thanks for the help everyone!
This is my first sw tank and I'm dying to get something in it

Haha sounds great! I also think you could fit in one small fish, but thats just me. Make sure you are patient! Salt water tanks are all about waiting and taking it slow! Also, are you going to get shrimp?? In my opinion the shrimp are just as cool as the fish :)

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Also, are you going to get shrimp?? In my opinion the shrimp are just as cool as the fish :)

I have to agree, shrimp are awesome. My personal favorite is the sexy shrimp. I'm planning those for my saltwater tank, when I start it. You should look then up.

Back
Top Bottom