Condy anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jacobsal91

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does anyone think it would be a good idea to keep a condy anemone in a 12gal nano reef? And is it safe to touch them? Cant remember if they were the dangerious ones

Not that i would want to touch it because i know
I probably shouldnt, but for
When im cleanin i dont need to be getting hurt :)

They will not hurt you usually only carpet anemones pack enough of a punch to cause a reaction with people. Ive had a few condies. No problem handling them. Condies can get fairly large and move a lot so if housing in a 12g which is ok, however not gonna be able to keep much else without it getting stung. They can grow to be a foot across no problem.

they do get huge and nothing really likes them in the tank loll. but they are cheap and a cool anemone heres mine

Attachments

• DSC00414.jpg
    DSC00414.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC00415.jpg
    DSC00415.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 121
That definatly explains why they are so cheap at my local fish store. Its a pretty classy place where u can buy clarion angels and conspics and a lot of nice fish for over $5000! Where the condys are about $17... Lol
Im not sure if it would fit in with what i want. What kind of fish or inverts can this nem NOT be with?

8 bucks at my local fish store.

Any. Just has a problem with corals and powerheads, most tend to roam the tank and powerheand can end them quicky.

Schism said:
8 bucks at my local fish store.

Any. Just has a problem with corals and powerheads, most tend to roam the tank and powerheand can end them quicky.

+1 mine moved everynight after having it for 4 months after that gone loll 6 bucks at petco

And you can feel a Condy sting cause i did and it makes your hand tingle a bit didn't really hurt l....everyone has a different reaction

Reefpete said:
And you can feel a Condy sting cause i did and it makes your hand tingle a bit didn't really hurt l....everyone has a different reaction

Yea everyone reacts different, with these nema though your hand is in no danger, and a serious reaction is very unlikely, compared to other more powerful nems such as many carpets

BTA's (Bubble Tip Anemone) is known for being one of the best as staying put and easier for new nem keepers. Also many species of clowns readily host them.

That is good to know, because i would
Love to have a clown host one :)

Though of an anemone crab as well, one at my local store hosting a pretty nice anemone, both of them for $50 :)

Back
Top Bottom