Coral Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

22engine

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am looking for ideas on some corals that go high in the tank. I want to cover some of the top of my live rock. I have AL Sol LEDs

Green slimers are good easy pieces to start with and have great color. Here's my frag which was about an inch tall branch when I bought it

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120812_112128.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120812_112128.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 113
Mrc8858 said:
Sps is what you want then

So pretty much all SPS would be ok with that much light. I know that some are harder to maintain than others. I just mean as long as I stay in the SPS category I should be ok ?

I dont have any experience with this fixture but from what I hear it does a good job growing anything. I believe sniperhank has this light.

You should be good growing anything with that light. Montiporas would be a good place to start as far as SPS, acros tend to be very picky as far as water quality etc so start slow and work up to the acros etc.

Thanks. I know these lights can handle anything. I just need corals that need strong light cause I need stuff for the top of my rocks.

I agree, I think you'd really like monti's. They look awesome and when they grow I like how they mild into the rock and some even branch out.

Hello
Really any sps would be great!

If you get a picture on google o the great barrier reef, you will see that the coral on top is hard corals and below them soft corals. This is all down to the light they receive and the same is true in your reef tank.

Give them a go, with good light and quality water you will be rewarded with growth and colour across your LR.

Good luck

I agree with the Montiporas... If you've got some area you want to cover, you can go with either an encrusting or plate forming monti, or if you want to save some room for something later, go with a digitata (fingering) monti.

The AI Sols will allow you to house anything your heart desires. Like all stated above, try out montipora. A green slimer is also a good choice for starter sps. Depending on the flow in the tank, I would suggest a birds nest. They aren't as difficult to maintain.

Oh, and I run Ecotech Radions not Sols.

Sniperhank said:
The AI Sols will allow you to house anything your heart desires. Like all stated above, try out montipora. A green slimer is also a good choice for starter sps. Depending on the flow in the tank, I would suggest a birds nest. They aren't as difficult to maintain.

Oh, and I run Ecotech Radions not Sols.

Thank you. Right now I have two koralia 425's with the wave maker that alternates every half hour plus I upgraded the circulation pump to the mj1200. There is only one store semi close to me that has SPS so I think I need to put aside a little cash for a couple weeks and head there with about 200 lol to get some stuff. Plus the store only uses AL Sol lights for all their tanks so there isn't a big light shock

Back
Top Bottom