Coral Question/Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dvsfx

Aquarium Advice Activist
Yea so nothing major I got got my first coral a colony of shrooms a little over a month ago they seem to be doing well, but here is my question there is another little something poke'ing up i dont really no what it is (obvious another coral) it has one large polyp and when i first turn my lights on i can see two small babies because my mushrooms quickly cover then when they expand im just wondering are the shrooms going to smother them out? Could i possible cut one mushroom off to give them some space to grow and possibly flourish? They look kinda cool , may be hard to see but its florescent orange an wedged between to shrrooms . Thx in advance for any help/advice provided

image-1547336554.jpg

Ok how would I go about doing that, remove the whole rock from my tank then crack it in half with a precision shot from a hammer and chisel? XD sorry if that seems like an odd question I just want to kno the best way as I dont want to harm anything

That's a common zoa from Indo. It's not that colorful, nor will it be worth it to save it for future frag missions. I would simply let things work themselves out and if you want zoas, go buy some super colorful ones.

Back
Top Bottom