Coralife biocube 29 stocking list help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin144

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm going to be setting up a biocube 29 and heres what I'm looking at stocking it with

1x Midas goby
1x skunk cleaner shrimp
1x ocellaris clown, tank bred
1x black and white ocellaris clown, tank bred

Does anyone have any suggestions I what else I could do or does this sound pretty well stocked ? I also wanted to do some begginer corals so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ! :)

I would be carful with the Midas I think I herd they are mean. And I wouldn't mix two different kinds of clowns unless they have already been together for some time and are peaceful.
I would get a goby too.

Thank you ! I haven't heard anything about the Midas being mean but I will do some more research ! Do you have any corals you would recommend to a begginer , this will be my first saltwater tank

Ok we'll you do need to have your tank with live rock and distilled water if you aren't using RODI water and have that running for like 3 weeks before you can add anything.

Anyway mushrooms, polyps, frogspon, hammer, some zoas, and that's all I can think of right now

I have all of those in my 29 gallon tank. As well as 2 other shrimp, one skunk and one fire. I also have a coral beauty. The clowns are great together, seem to be pairing up and have taken to my hammer coral. The midas blenny is only mean when someone else goes near his hiding spot. He isn't full grown yet but I assume he may expand his territory as he grows. I don't think he would like any other fish that takes to the rocks as well.

As for adding both clowns I had a small occ in my tank for a few months then added a larger black clown. I would mostly just recommend making sure that one is much smaller than the other to limit fighting. It was obvious who was dominant so they were pretty accepting of each other from day 1.

What do you think of a yellowhead jawfish instead??? I know I would need alot of sand them but would that possibly work instead of the Midas goby ?

Ok I know this is prob a do question but what is the big deal with pistol shrimp with watchmen ? I keep seeing things about getting them both but i have no idea why ?? Is there somthing special I'm missing ??

They will pair up. They have a symbiotic relationship. The pistol shrimp is an excellent digger but cannot see very well. The gobie is not that great of a digger so they will share a cave together. The gobie will usually share food with the pistol and protect him. Its a pretty good combo to have. My roommate and I both have pairs in our tanks.

Oh I see now ! Thank you !!! I just never knew why people always talked about them together ? Could I do them with the jawfish ? I'm sorta attached to the jawfish idea

Those clowns will be fine together, may be a bit of a scuffle at first but they will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom